[20] There's No Place Like Home

The next morning at the docks, the police were investigating last night's incident. "Well, I owe you an apology, Mr. Somers," Quentin said to the businessman. "We come all the way down to your docks and it turns out, you don't need the police after all."

"Which is exactly what I've been saying," Somers replied coolly. "Yeah, so I guess that 911 call we got last night from your stevedore, saying you were being attacked by two guys in green and black hoods and bows and arrows. I, I guess that was a practical joke," Lance snarked, as he ran his fingers over a tear in Martin Somers' mahogany desk that was suspiciously shaped like an arrowhead.

"These guys like to fool around."

"Well, I'd be very much inclined to believe an honest, upstanding businessman like yourself, but you see, one of my guys... found this at your docks. Now, these vigilantes are running around, and they think they're some kind of dynamic duo Robin Hood twins," Quentin explained, grabbing one of the arrows out of the evidence bag. "They're robbing the rich, tryin' to teach 'em a lesson, I guess. The point is... Those men are killers. They killed Adam Hunt, and now they have their sights set on you. And nothing will stop me from bringin' them down." Then, he inserted the arrow into the slot in the wood. "But like you said... clearly nothing happened here last night."

"Isn't this a conflict of interest, detective?" Somers casually changed the subject. "After all, your daughter is suing me." "I'm pretty good at keeping my emotions in check," Quentin countered.

"Well, I'm not," Somers sneered. "You and your daughter don't want to find out what I'm capable of when I get emotional."

* * *

Meanwhile, on the other side of town at Queen Consolidated, Walter, Moira, and Oliver were getting out of the elevator to the top floor of the building, as they explained some of the new changes that had been implemented over the last five years. "As you can see, Oliver, we've modernized quite a bit," Walter stated.

"Wow!"

"Are you enjoying yourself?" Moira smiled. "Yes, I am," Oliver replied. "If Dearden were here he'd be squealing right now."

"And who says that, little brother?" Dean's voice rang out, as he stepped out of his father's old office, with Aaron in tow. Everyone stopped to see Dean approach them. "Sorry, about my absence last night and early this morning, but I was too excited to see what you've done with the place," he apologized.

"You're sorry?" Moira snapped. "You worried me half to death!" "I know, I just needed a day to myself," Dearden pleaded his case. "I know that's no excuse, but I'm here now and I want to make it up to you; all of you. Can you give me another chance?" Moira sighed and nodded her consent, "Alright, one more chance, as long as Aaron goes wherever you go."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Now that's out of the way... Shall we?" Walter chimed in. The other Queens nodded. "I remember your father used to bring you both here when you were boys. You were always so excited," the CEO continued. "Dad let me drink soda in the office," Oliver pointed out. "Meanwhile, I actually wanted to learn something," Dean joked, causing the other adults to smile.

"Queen Consolidated's success of late is a result of its targeted diversification," Walter elaborated. "We have been making impressive inroads in cutting-edge fields like biotech and clean energy." "What are the data statistics on that? How far ahead of schedule are we for production and sales?" Dean interrupted. Walter and Moira shared a look of pride and simply adoration for Dean's expressiveness. Dean looked down sheepishly, "Sorry, I just--" "No need to apologize," Walter commented. "The statistics have improved greatly over the last three months. Statistics say we should be ready to launch our newest biotech to hit the market in three to four weeks, and we are scheduled to attend the Grand Opening for our latest Applied Sciences division in a few days."