[85] Revenge Plots After Sex

A while after they had passed out from orgasmic bliss, Helena opened her eyes and looked over to check if Oliver was still sleeping. Once she determined that he was still unconscious, she quietly got out of bed, got dressed, and snuck out of the window.

* * *

There were two cars parked outside of a building down in the Glades that was blocked off by a rusty metal fence. On the other side of the fence, Helena crept through the alley like a predator stalking its prey. She waited and waited until she saw Chien Na Wei step out of the building and head to one of the cars along with another high-ranking member of the Chinese Triad.

Then she took her gun and aimed it at the mobsters. However, right as she pulled the trigger, the Emerald Archer leaped down from the building next to her and pushed her to the ground, causing her to misfire. The Triad went into a frenzy and began to shoot at the fenced-off area. The Emerald Archer fired off one arrow that landed in the hood of one of their vehicles before he grabbed Helena and got her out of there.

"Take your hands off me!" Helena snapped.

The vigilante removed his hood to get a good look at her. "What the hell did you think you were doing?" Oliver hissed.

"That man was the leader of the Triad. My father blames them for the recent hits against his men," Helena explained. "These are men you killed," Oliver stated. "That's right," she breathed. "I take out Zhishan, and the Triad retaliates. I've weakened my father's organization to the point where there is no way he can survive their onslaught."

"What, and then you have your revenge?" Oliver challenged.

"Then I have justice for what he did to Michael and me," Helena corrected.

"It's not justice," Oliver argued. Her lips twisted into a snarl. "And what you do is?" she spat. "Would you let me show you?" he implored.

*                              *                              *

"Can I get you guys anything else?" Carly inquired after she set down two cups of coffee in front of Oliver and Helena. "No, thank you," Oliver replied.

"Where's my brother-in-law?" she questioned. "It's late, and this is the Glades. Shouldn't he be keeping you safe?"

Oliver glanced at Helena and smirked, "She is tougher than she looks." Carly clearly didn't look convinced, but without any real reason to worry, she nodded and left the couple alone. "You know, I haven't been on a second date in a while," Oliver grinned. "Feels good so far."

Helena smiled awkwardly. "Look, um... we slept together, and it was... really nice, and I needed it but, in, I-I'm not looking for anything," she clarified. "Oh, because you have everything figured out," he retorted. "I don't think you're one to judge," she shot back. "I saw you kill people, remember?"

"I don't kill people unless it is absolutely necessary," Oliver rebuffed. "Now, my brother on the other hand..."

"Oh, well, maybe I should have slept with him instead," Helena jeered.

Ouch. Well, if that's the way she wanted to play it, then who was he to deny her? "Yeah, good luck with that," Oliver sneered. "My brother already has a bedwarmer, and he doesn't seem too keen on giving her up."

Helena arched her eyebrow with intrigue. "Is that jealousy I detect?"

"No. Look, the bottom line, Helena is that killing is not my opening move. And the way that you're going, you're gonna get somebody hurt like my mother or yourself," Oliver deflected. Helena flinched at the mention of his mother. "I'm sorry about your mother. That was an accident," she sighed.

"And how many more accidents have to happen before you are done getting back at your father?" Oliver interrogated.

She paused, then said, "Hopefully, none. I am not getting back at him. I am stripping away everything that has meaning to him, just like he did to me when he had Michael killed." "What if I can show you another way?" Oliver offered. "A way that you could take down your father's organization without putting innocent people at risk?"

She pondered his offer briefly, before letting out a deep exhale. "Thank you for the coffee and the sex, but I am not interested," she responded. Then she grabbed her purse and left the restaurant.