Epilogue

A gentle breeze blew through the meadow, pale yellow blooms dancing along with it delicately. Against the trunk of a thick shady tree sat a girl with hair the shade of cappuccino, her ankles crossed as she had spread her legs out in front of her. And in her lap rested her boyfriend's head, her fingers curling softly at his fluffy brown hair.

Tim and Dora had come to their favorite picnic spot after a very long time yet the pleasant weather and the beauty of the place hadn't changed from how they had seen it last. In a sense, it had become prettier with all the lovely flowers and lush green grass that was so different from the dull city of Gotham.

The place always offered serenity and calm that the two appreciated a lot. And with all that had recently happened in their lives and after all the turmoil they had gone through, the serenity which that spot offered was much needed at the moment.

They had almost lost each other forever in the past year and finding their way back to each other was not as easy as it sounded. It took them time to figure everything out but just like Tim had promised her, he didn't let her regret her decision of giving him a second chance.

Despite all that had happened, they had taken a fresh start and with time proving to be a relieving ointment on past wounds, they had slowly but steadily drawn closer to each other; reaching the same level of intimacy, love and trust they had shared before Tim had had to go after Deathstroke.

It seemed as if Tim had drifted off to sleep for his blue eyes were closed, a very pristine expression lingered on his face and his breathing was calm. Almost asleep, she judged, twirling another strand of his hair in between her fingers.

Dora looked down at him, her finger tentatively tracing the scar under his left eye and right then, he stirred, blue looking up in soft brown.

"This one is permanent, isn't it?" She asked in a soft tone, watching as he took her finger away from the scar but pressed a gentle kiss at the tip.

"I guess. It hasn't faded in the least."

"And these?" Her hand brushed against his chest until she felt the familiar heartbeat underneath her palm, "are these scars permanent too?"

He understood what she meant; Dora was referring to the scars on his heart that had formed as a consequence of all the two had been through in the past one year.

"I don't think so," he replied, "I feel them fade each time I'm with you. I believe these are going to heal very soon."

Silence lingered between the two yet her left hand was still entangled in his hair, the right one feeling the steady rhythm of his beating heart. The silence was broken at last as she spoke, "Tim... Why are you like this?"

"Like what?"

"Like so damn precious that I feel bad for ever pushing you away from me," she mumbled, her hand that was resting over his chest felt his heartbeat quicken.

He lifted himself up, blue eyes not leaving her features for even a second and his hand gently cupped her face, "you never pushed me away, Dora. You only asked for some time and I couldn't deny you."

"I put you through a lot of guilt."

"No you didn't..."

"And even made you think that I might never be the same Dora you had fallen in love with."

Hearing those words, he shook his head, realizing what she was implying, "but Dora, I love all sides of you. The cheerful happy side, the one that tastes like sugar, the clever detective side and even the strong side of you that kept you going even when I wasn't with you. Each side of you is equally lovable and admirable for me, no matter if it tastes like sugar or is a little salty."