The Tale of Princess Navanita and Nandika-Part 2

"You don't have any idea,how much I talked to her paintings during this years of separation!" Manik said lost in Nandika's painting.Nandini on the other hand,was lost in her thoughts.

"He doesn't love me!It's my face...it resembles her..."Nandini's heart started aching.Her eyes were moist,tears almost threatening to come out,there was a lump in her throat.She wanted to cry,to scream but there was something that actually hold her back.

"For the first time,I loved someone so dearly,I let a guy enter my life.But...But if he doesn't love me,I should not come in between him and Nandika."Nandini made herself understand.

"Then?Then what happened Manik?" Nandini murmured and Manik laughed.A painful laugh it was.

"I entered the castle in disguise as a soldier.I wanted to see her more.I almost got caught twice by the general,saved myself somehow.And then,I saw her again,in the terrace with Bhabhisa(Sister-in-law)."

"My Nandika was a goofball,bilkul jhalli.She was running here and there,doing the arrangements.She was a very clumsy girl.So when she picked up a plate of flowers to decorate the palace,in a way or the other she would have made the entire plate of flowers fall at her.And here,I was falling more and more,madly in love."

---------------------------

"Maaisa,put the scented candles there!and the flowers the Princess loves should be over there!Oh god,Kaka,why are you not listening to me?These are Princess's favourite dishes.It should be perfect,not very spicy not very sweet!The brother of the would be groom is coming to see our Princess,there should be no shortness in his welcoming!"Nandika ran here and there,fulfilling her duty as a best friend.Navanita,the princess was giggling seeing Nandika's restlessness.

"Calm down Nandu.Devarsa is coming to see me,not you!Stop panicking!"Navanita tried to calm Nandika down.

"Navu,you will leave me.With whom,I'm going to talk?With whom I will go to the market in disguise?I hate the person who made the ritual that after marriage,the girl has to leave her home!"Nandika scoffed and Navanita laughed.

"If you say,I can ask Pitaji to let you marry Mahendra Devarsa.Then you can stay with me,no?It will be fun.Two bestfriends marrying two brothers!"Navanita joked!

-----------------------------

"Breathe got stuck in my throat,Nandini.Bhabhisa just said what I desired.I wanted to marry Nandika." Manik's face gleamed with happiness.

"Then..."

----------------------------

"Rajkumarisa!The intruder was running away from me!I caught him twice.But he managed to run away.I have caught him again.He can be a spy.What should we do?Can we present him to Rajasa?"General Poorna was holding Mahendra by his neck.Nandika and Navanita was shocked to see such an young,handsome lad spying on them.Navanita signalled Poorna to release the person.

"Who are you?What are you doing here?"Navanita asked the man politely yet sternly.

"Rajkumarisa,I mean no harm!I have come to fulfil my elder brother's wish.My name is..."Mahendra was going to tell his name when Poorna again caught him by his neck.

"He is lying Rajkumarisa!You should not believe his innocent face.He is a spy!I can prove it!Give me half a day and he will admit!"Poorna roared staring at Mahendra and Mahendra somehow tries to free himself,again.

"But I'm not lying.I seriously mean no harm,General.Not to anyone.I'm not what you think I'm am."Mahendra said in a low tone and Poorna's face was red.

"See,he accepted he is a spy!He said he is not what he seems to be!He accepted!Should we go to Rajasa?Should we hang this intruder?"Poorna insisted to punish the intruder while Maharaj Indraverma came to the spot.

"What is going on over here?General Poorna,is this my palace or a market?"Maharaj Indraverma shouted.

"Rajasa,this young man is an intruder.He was spying on Rajkumarisa and my Nandika!"He said "my Nandika" and Mahendra snapped at him.Everyone except Mahendra knew Poorna actually liked Nandika but Nandika never ever looked at any male.Nandika even knew that Poorna wanted to marry her and had even asked for her hand in marriage from her father but Nandika turned the proposal down.

"Your Nandika?"Mahendra said in a dangerously low tone.

"I mean...I mean...our Nandika!"Poorna tried to cover up and Nandika and Navanita smirks looking at each other.

"You don't change the topic,you spy!Maharaj,this is the spy!Hang him and set an example for our enemies!"Poorna says so and turns Mahendra towards Maharaj Indraverma.

"Prince Mahendra,you here?Disguised?But why?"Maharaj Indraverma hugs Mahendra and everyone is shocked.

"Devarsa?You are Prince Mahendra?"Navanita was shocked.

Shock was an understatement for Nandika too.She never knew Prince Chandravir had such a handsome young brother.

But the most shocked person was General Poorna.His mouth almost touched the ground.Now his words,"I'm not what you think I am" seems to make sense.He left Mahendra and fell on the ground.

"I am sorry,Rajkumar Mahendra!Forgive me."He was on the ground begging mercy from Mahendra.

"General Poorna,get up.And please try to listen to everyone after this." Mahendra adviced Poorna and immediately forgave him.Poorna ran away in embarrassment.

"But Prince Mahendra,why are you in disguise?"Maharaj Indraverma asked again.

"I wanted to see my Bhabhisa as she is in reality.If I had come as a prince,I could not see the real her.So,I came disguised as a soldier."Although this was not completely false,Mahendra actually had another reason for this disguise,a reason that was very personal.

"Smart."Mahendra heard Nandika murmur and he had a proud smirk on his face.

"Please come inside and accept our hospitality."Indraverma welcomed Mahendra  but Mahendra was continuously looking at Nandika,fidgeting her dupatta,looking down in shame.

-----------------------------

I am alive guys!!!!🙂
Tell me in the comments did you miss me!And I need Comments!🤬