chapter I

Drenched in sweat she quickly sat up in the messy white sheets. Her breath quick and fast yet her eyes that roamed hopelessly around the empty room made her calm quickly. A sigh left her lips as she fell down onto the pillows.

It wasn't a nightmare.

The horrible dreams that filled her mind was as real as the soft sheets beneath her. She closed her eyes tightly, trying to erase the images that played before her eyes seconds earlier. It was hopeless.

04:32.

Another sigh left her lips. She slipped out from the warm sheets. They almost hugged her limbs. She walked towards the bathroom, turning on the shower and quickly removed her oversized shirt then stepping under the ice cold water. She poured the unscented shampoo in the palm of her hand before starting to work it into her scalp. She tried to focus on the sound of the heavy pouring water, wanting it to overpower the sound of the screams that filled her dreams.

Sophie Graham. For the mundane people on the streets of London she blended in enough to appear invisible. Her work forcing her to blend in, her attire and looks was bland colored suits. Some might say she looked defenseless, young and an easy target.

However she was everything but average. Sophie had six year military service as a Major for the British armed forces. She had worked with the Scotland Yard for two years. She had held a gun at a mans head more times than one could count and the times she had pulled the trigger, sending a lethal shot was too many to count.

She had been discharged from the army, forced to leave due to depression and PTSD after an attack on duty. She had been forced to see a psychologist. She went one time, not more. She found it useless to spend the British empires money for her to sit quiet as a man tried to unravel her. Asking stupid questions about the feeling of blowing the brains out and crushing a mans skull with a gun in close range. Or asking about the feeling fo seeing her fellow soldiers being tortured with a rusty nail. Couldn't he answer those questions himself? Wasn't the answer obvious? She had grown cold.

Her general and the medical board said it was impossible for her to continue without help. Without a word spoken she had left the army, her fellow soldiers and not more than six months she had started a private business. She had been dismissed from her work at the Scotland Yard as well due to her suffering from severe PTSD which made her word difficult. Anger had filled her veins as she wanted to help, to use her knowledge and experience to do good.  She had started a private business, a bodyguard for hire.

People was willing to pay good money to hire a bodyguard with a military background. Even so did the people she had sworn to fight. She had been contacted by a man named Dumani, never meeting him, only a man named Rooney had met up with her with letters of offerings. 5000 pounds for two hours of work. It wasn't something she could deny. Especially since the job was to take a man called Mr. Wallace from A to B then back to A. Nothing less and nothing more.

Mr. Wallace was a heavy man, dressed in a black suit that made him look rectangular. He had a large head, she though. His grey hair and wrinkly face showed his age. As he spoke on the phone as she drove the car she could hint an Irish accent.

The job had been easy. It hadn't been too much of a sweat for her. Only a few quick turns here and there, a few gunshots had been exchanged yet Mr. Wallace had been safe in the backseat the whole ride.

Without a word when she had dropped him off he left the car and she was met up with a tall man, black hair and a black suit. She believed he was some sort of enforcer, a hitman almost. He never introduced himself yet he handed her a letter stashed with cash for her. Then he asked her to leave the property.

Sophie left the shower and wrapped her body in a grey towel. She looked at the bottle of pills next to the sink, a sigh leaving her lips before pouring out one only to swallow it seconds later.

Two days ago the same man, Mr. Dumani had contacted her again. He had asked for a personal meeting to discuss an offer. Two hours later they had met up in a park, taking a seat on either side by a playground. They hadn't looked at each other once, simply looking ahead of them at the happy children. Mr. Dumanis voice had been laced with sadness.

Mr. Dumani had asked her for a month of her service. It would be a twenty-four-seven job as a bodyguard. She would be payed 100 000 pounds and anything she needed would be provided for her.

She left the bathroom. She got out her dresspants, crip black button up and blazer. She placed her holster and gun on the bed before getting dressed. She got her holster on, making sure the gun was loaded then getting the blazer on. A silver wristwatch decorated her left wrist. Her wet hair was left to air dry as she walked towards her door. Grabbing a day old muffin. Grabbing her coat and keys before slamming the door behind her.

Not more than twenty minutes later she parked outside a familiar house. A large amount of black cars stood parked outside and her eyes moved to memorize all the number plates. Sophie got out from her car and walked up the stairs towards a black shiny door. Pushing her hair up in a quick bun before knocking. The door opened and the familiar tall man stood there with a frown on his face.

"Sorry Miss, you have gone to the wrong house." The man spoke, clearly not recognizing her.

"Here to see Mr. Dumani," She spoke, voice sharp and confident as she looked him in the eyes.

"There is no Mr. Dumani at this residence." The man said as the sound of a door opening was heard behind her.

"Mark, let her inside." A man soon stepped beside him. He wore a black suit, his bald head reflecting the light. His eyes dark and she could see that the pair held great secrets behind them.

"Miss Graham," He welcomed her and she gave him a nod. "You can follow me," He added and she obeyed. Her eyes roamed the hall as she stepped inside. She heard faint voices from behind a closed door, many irritated voices. They stepped inside a large office, a leather chair stood neatly behind a dark mahogany desk. Her eyes roamed the room quickly. There was an eerie silence in the room.

"I'm grateful that you could join with such short notice," Mr. Dumani broke the silence. "Today is a hectic day, Mr. Wallace will join us after the meeting." He continued and she nodded.

"No problem," Sophie spoke.

"Please sit down," He said and motioned for the seat infront of the desk.

"I rather be standing," She said and before Mr. Dumani could continue a man stepped inside the room. Sophie quickly looked him up and down, eyes drilling holes into his temples. He had short black hair, his chocolate skin smooth and young. He was well dressed.

"They are leaving," The young man spoke.

"Get Sean," Mr. Dumani spoke. "Alex this is Sophie Graham, a new addition to the security team," He continued. Alex gave her a faint smile as he nodded at her before leaving the room. Sophie glanced outside and saw another man with his back facing her, bidding his goodbyes to the larger crowd that left the room they walked past earlier. Sophie squinted her eyes as they met a gorgeous woman with sun kissed skin, black short hair that reached her shoulders and she was dressed in expensive clothing.

"You will work with Mark, he's worked for the Wallace family for years and he's currently head of security," Mr. Dumani spoke.

"Yes, Sir." Sophie answered. Alex and another man stepped inside the room. He had short light brown hair with a hint of gold. He had a shorter beard, blue electric yet cold eyes. He wore black suit, a crips white button up underneath.

"Sean, this is Miss Graham," Mr. Dumani motioned for Sophie. Their eyes met for the first time. Sophie gave the man a short nod. "Your bodyguard,"

"Sir,"