chapter II

The tension had quickly thickened as Mr. Dumani revealed the new addition to the security team. Sean had clenched his jawline tightly and his whole body had tensed. His eyes was bloodshot from the past days of crying. His beard had started to grow past a stubble yet it was still neat.

"I don't need a bodyguard," Mr. Wallace stated.

"After your fathers death we can't put through danger Sean," Mr. Dumani spoke firmly yet calmly. 

"We have enough men for that already," Sean said, annoyed. "No one will touch me," He added and Sophie listened to their conversation carefully. She noticed tension between the men in the room. Sean and the other men didn't seem to pull even, not only in the matters of safety.

"We can't risk that from happening," The young man spoke, Alex.

"Your father said the same thing and someone got to him," Mr. Dumani spoke and Sean clenched his jawline tightly.

"I have Mark, I don't need her to do anything for me," Sean said and Sophie clenched her jawline before relaxing quickly. "Miss, your services isn't needed here." He added with a tall posture and his eyes never met hers. Instead they focused on the watch on the wall. She didn't move or open her mouth. She had been informed that Mr. Wallace wasn't her boss, he didn't have the authority to fire her. Instead she locked her hands behind her back remaining tall in her own body language.

"The decision is final and she has already transfered here." Mr. Dumani said. "She is hired and there is nothing you can do about it." He added and Sean snorted.

"You did this without consulting me," Sean said sternly.

"I didn't," Mr. Dumani said and Sean frowned.

"I did," An older woman stepped inside. She had brown hair, blue eyes and her slim figure was dress in an elegant black dress. Sean looked at the woman before shaking his head. "It's for your protection Sean," She added.

"Graham, this is Mrs. Marian Wallace." Mr. Dumani spoke and Sophie looked at the woman, their eyes meeting. Even though sorrow was hovering above the family Mrs. Wallace eyes firmly met hers. "Mrs. Wallace, this is Graham. Sean's bodyguard. She have worked briefly for Finn." He added and Marian nodded at her.

"Nice to meet you," She stated simply. Marian looked rather surprised that Sophie was a young woman. The older woman let her eyes wander over her body repeatedly, as if trying to find more errors with her than her age. Probably her beauty as well.

"Ma'am." Sophie said with a nod.

"Graham has good references for the job," Mr. Dumani spoke. "I can promise you that you probably won't even notice her," He continued.

Mr. Dumani had left the office with her, leaving the rest to argue. Mr. Dumani showed her around the house as they walked into a separate room with a golden sign on the door with security printed onto it. Inside was a semi large room and the wall ahead was filled with screens that showed what she guessed was all the angles that their security cameras covered around the property. Three men sat inside by the screens, each man having five screens to cover. The man from earlier sat by another desk.

"This is the security room, all cameras covers the property and extern properties owned by the Wallaces including around the Wallace inc. building." Mr. Dumani said and she nodded, letting her eyes roam. "When you drop Sean off at the office you will be shown the security room in the building as well. Mr. Rogers is chief on spot." He added and she kept nodding.

"Mark will provide you with your earpiece and phone for work," He continued to inform her. Mr. Dumani let out a sigh as the yelling got louder. He excused himself and motioned for Mark.

"She got your work Mark huh?" One of the men by the computers teased and the tall man only sent them a glare. Mark took out a box from a safe and soon held a gun infront of her, an Beretta 92.

"I'm in no need of a gun," Sophie said. "I have my own," She continued and he raised a brow.

"Which one?" Mark asked. "Can't have easily traced guns or bullets." He continued, wanting to show some kind of a superiority. Sophie quickly got her out from her holster.

"A SIG Sauer P226, cartridge .357 SIG ammo." Sophie spoke calmly yet firmly.

"That's used by-"

"A number of national and international law enforcements like Swedish police, a number of states in the US and even the British army and the ministry of defence police." Sophie said before placing her gun back in the holster.

"Ex officer?" The computer man asked yet was without a response.

"One wrong bullet and they will find you," Mark only said.

"Scotland Yard can search for my bullets, might be a few hundreds of them out there already," She said sternly before taking her earpiece and phone.

"You follow my orders-" Mark said.

"Sir, I don't follow your orders. I have one order and that's protecting Sean Wallace no matter what it takes of me. You hand me information to make that possible." She spoke and turned to the men by the desks. "Can you hand me some information?" She asked and they nodded.

"Anything you need we can dig up for you," One of them said and she nodded.

"Great, I need lists of all the contacts of Sean Wallace, affiliations, enemies, colleagues, dates, whoever that is around him. I need photos of everyone, addresses and such, I need information about all their families. I need Sean Wallace schedule, numbers, drawings of his office, homes and areas he operates in." She demanded and they nodded. "I want everything sent to me and on papers in folders."

"Yes, Ma'am." One of them said.

"I want credit cards as well, anything of use will be sent to me." She continued. "You will reach me 24/7." She added.