Part One: Kindness of the Heart

(fem!reader x Trapped! Xenomorph)

Senario: The ship the reader is on, while surveying a planet infested with xenomorphs, crashed into the planets surface after an unknown anomaly caused a ship wide malfunction.The reader is currently waking up.
~~~~~                   ~~~~~

The cargo hold was dim, thankfully- for if the lights had been on I'd be feeling back with a vile headache; although the lack of light made it difficult for my eyes to navigate the crumpled corridors.

The threat of immediate danger suddenly set in as I realized, in my groggy state, we had crash landed on a planet crawling with acid-bloods.

Getting up from the floor, I tried to assess my situation; there were dead bodies littering the floor around me, it was a miracle I survived the impact. I had to push my thoughts aside and grab a rifle from the clutches of a marines corpse; a man I knew very well, yet now wasn't the time to shed tears. Mourning would have to take place later on when I had the time to sit and think.

Searching his body further, I secured a flashlight from the tactical pockets on his trousers, and attempted to turn it on; while the light did come on, it flickered. I gave it a good smack and it steadied into a constant beam.

On the nape of my neck, my hair suddenly stood on end.

Time to move.

Luckily it seemed the atmosphere outside was compatible with human physiology, and the main entrance to the cargo hold had not been too compromised to walk through. Rifle in hand, I checked the clip to find only half the magazine not spent; and fear began to claw at the back of my throat.

As I rounded the corner to the med bay, I heard a wounded cry; not that of a human being, but a Xenomorph. The shriek was so pained, like a high whine, begging for help.

Shaking my head repeatedly, I couldn't believe what I was thinking; yet the cries came once more and pulled at my heart with all their might.

I couldn't leave an injured animal to suffer.

Steeling my resolve, I turned away from med bay towards engineering, where the pained whines were coming from.

Around the corner, where the hall should've opened up into the drive core, there was a crushed passageway, with a xeno caught beneath it.

I simultaneously dropped the rifle,eyes brimming with tears; the poor thing was caught by both hind legs, crushed beneath the hull.

Sensing me, the creature hissed weakly, showing me it's second jaw in a threatening display.

"Shhh, I'm going to help you, okay?" I said, as if you could reason with a mindless animal (I must've hit my head harder than I first concluded).

Although, the creature turned it's head to the side, slowly retracting it's second jaw, as if to understand my intentions; and with a whimper, it turned it's head to the side weakly.

I knew that it wasn't bleeding for it'd be freed if it were.

"Alright.. I'm going to touch you now." My breath caught in my lungs, what in god's name was I doing?! Putting my life on the line for what- moral decency?

The metal of the corridor had nearly crushed the xenos legs and tail, there was no way I'd be able to pry it out manually; so looking to my right, then my left, and to my fortune, there, barely hanging on the wall was an emergency tool set.

Rushing to grab the kit, I tear into the box, and search through it's contents with vigor; securing a handheld lazer cutter, I approach the monster once more.