Part Two; Song of the Wood

Fem!Reader x (named) Saytr

Senario: the reader is out wandering the mythical woods picking berries for her dinner. She lives in a little hovel, by herself and all the sudden she hears the beautiful alluring call of a flute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Birdsong filled the emerald forests, yet a different kind of music filled my ears; in the distance a flute played a fluttering tune, one that seemed to enchant me, and before I knew it , my feet were carrying me towards the heavenly sound.

The grass felt lovely beneath my bare feet, as a hare ran across my path.

As the sound of the flute drew nearer and nearer with every step, I suddenly tripped on a stone; for I had not been watching where I was putting my feet.

Crashing to the ground, I groaned in a very unladylike manner; before collecting myself and looking down to find I'd skint my left knee, "Great." I whined, quickly wiping the muck from my fresh wound.

Then I realized the flute had stopped.

Yet, through the thicket, I beheld it's player, a beautiful man with hair as red as fire in the patchy sun light; with eyes as blue as the vast seas, like the gods themselves had plucked a bit of the sky and put it into his eyes.

"Sir?" I called shyly to the man, pushing my way through the bushes, only to realize what he truly was.

A Saytr, in all of his majesty; with curling black horns, and legs covered in red fur, tipped with coal black hooves. With a charming smile, he turned to me, still holding the flute as if he were playing, "was that you I heard, falling?"

"Ah- yes, apologies- your music was so beautiful I couldn't help but be enthralled." I say, and he offers a seat to me next to him on an oddly flat rock; this rock was perfectly positioned to be in the sunbeams, and almost completely level.

And with out a warning he began to play once more; the song was lulling and even the birds seemed to quiet down in the shadow of it's excellency.

I sat next to the dashing Saytr for what felt like hours, until finally he halting his playing, and turned to me once more.

"I am Cole, of Witchwood. If you were wondering." He said with a little wink.

"Oh- cole, what a unique name. Well if you are hungry, cole, I was picking berries and fruit for dinner before being so graciously distracted." I motion to my basket before continuing, "My cabin isn't very far- and I'd be alone for dinner anyway?"

Rubbing his beard in thought, those crystal blue eyes were calculating, as he turned to me and overed me a single tilt of his head.

"Wonderful! Let us go before the sun sets and prevents me from gathering wood for a fire."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dinner was lovely, especially shared with such lively company; he entertained me with stories of the woodlands and all the creatures therein.

Never before had I felt so fascinated by a story teller. The Saytr told his tales with such zeal and passion that I felt like I was in the events playing out; like I had some how been transported into his story.

Unfortunately, as the night crawled on, far after the sun setting, he went to excuse himself.

"Oh my, the time- were has it gone? I must go my darling, but thank you for dinner." His hooves clicked against the wooden floor as he approached the door.

"Wait- please,"

His tail twitched at that, before he turned around, flute in hand, "yes, fair maiden?"

"Telling me all those stories have worried my heart- what if a drake makes it's way to my cabin and devours me whole? Oh, noble Cole, won't you stay the night to ease my fears?" I had gotten up from the table, holding myself in a sweet embrace.

"Oh, dear." He replies, closing the door, before approaching me on staggered legs; offering me his open arms, which I gladly jumped into.

He was much warmer than he should've been, wearing no shirt in the chilly night; and far more muscular than my eyes had first determined.

His face was so handsome, symmetrical and the horns atop his head only seemed to add to it all; with skin the color of honey, he had barely worn much of anything at all.

And with those same radiant eyes, he looked down at me just as much as I looked up at him; studying me, for it was only fair.

With a soft sigh, I continue, "Please, just stay until I fall asleep, dear friend."

Suddenly I am lifted from my feet, and hoisted into a pair of strong arms; a smile plays on his lips, as he replies, "which way to the bedroom maiden?"

Blushing fiercely, I release a giggle despite myself. "Just down the hall."

~~~~~

Part 2??????
I hope you like it regardless of the cliff hanger 😉
I should have more coming soon.
BCD