part 3

Everything went silet. "But-but you don't know me," I shuttered.

"I know you're worth it," he breathed. "Come with me and we can go somewhere to talk."

"No," I said. "I don't know you."

"I'm Kendall," he replied. "Kendall Schmidt."

"I'm leaving," I shot back.

"Then, I'll come with you," he stated.

I couldn't put up another fight. I was already broken. When something breaks into a million pieces, all you can do is put those pieces back together, but you can only pretend things are perfect. You can only pretend things are the way they used to be. I've been doing that for too long. "Okay," I shuttered as I finally gave in.

"Do you want me to take you home?" he asked.

That's the last place I want to be I thought as tears managed to build up in my eyes. "Yes please," I lied. At least he wasn't taking me to the hospital.

The next thing I knew Kendall lifted me off my feet and carried me down 7 flights of stairs.

"It hurts me to think that someone as beautiful as you could try to end your life. I don't want that to ever happen again. You have to promise me," Kendall said.

"You don't know me," I broke down again.

"Then give me the chance to," he said as he placed me on my feet and led me to his car.

It was the nicest car I've ever seen in my life. I opened the door to the passenger's seat still shaking. I was tired, I was empty, and I felt sick to my stomach. Kendall got in the drivers seat and turned on the radio. He began driving and I found it rather strange that he didn't bother to ask for directions, but he continued to speed down the road.

"I still don't know you're name," he said.

"Where are you taking me? " I stuttered.

He didn't respond as he turned on his blinker and made a left turn.

"Where are you taking me?" I demanded, until I finally figured it out... He did bring me to the hospital.

"You lied to me," I grew angry.

"I want you to be safe," he stood his ground. As soon as he stopped the car infront of the hospital entrance, I tried to open the car door and run, but he was too fast for me. He pulled me into his chest and I struggled to get out of his tight embrace.

"Let me go!" I begged.

"Hey, Kendall! Over here," a large, grungy man with a flashing camera yelled.

"They've found me," Kendall said as he took my hand in his and began running. I had no choice but to be dragged along. We dunked behind a bush and he ordered me to stay down.

I began panting, "What the hell was that, Kendall?"

"Well I-I, he wanted my picture," Kendall sighed.

"Are you-- are you famous?"

He looked at me, "Yes, I guess you could say that."

"Then why are you wasting your time with me," I whispered.

"I'm not wasting my time, I'm trying to protect someone who has their whole life ahead of them."

And that's when it really hit me. I wouldn't be alive right now, if it weren't for the stranger sitting across from me. I looked down at the grass and back up into his emerald eyes, "Thank you," I said. "Thank you for everything."