Part 29

"Kendall, I'm exhausted," I yawned. It was nearly 5 in the morning.

"Me too," he grabbed my hand as we walked towards baggage claim.

"Kendall," Logan called. "The next time you two need to be picked up at 5am...call someone else," Logan groaned.

"Have I ever mentioned you're my favorite," he winked.

"Yeah, yeah," Logan rolled his eyes. "So why'd you guys miss the first flight anyway?"

"We're slackers," I spoke.

"Well id get some sleep in the car because they're all pretty pissed and there's going to be lots of yelling later."

"It's not like we missed the wedding," kendall sounded kind of annoyed and he had the right to be. Yeah we screwed up, but we're here now.

So our journey through Mexico began, reaching the hotel an hour later.

"Glad you could make it," carlos said. ".it's only the most important time of my life."

I answered for kendall, " calm down, the wedding is tomorrow and everything's just about ready. The two of you should go get breakfast and then go to the beach for a pre wedding tan."

"She's right," kendall backed me up. We were half hoping to get rid of everybody. They eventually did leave, giving us a chance to breathe.

"Logan's late to everything and then the one time we're late for a stupid flight we get a boatload of shit for it," kendall ranted.

"It's bull. I know. But they're just nervous," I said.

"Yeah, I guess. Do you want to go for a walk on the beach?"

"Yeah sure."

***

"Do you think they'll last?"

kendall asked as the waves crashed on our ankles.

"I don't know. I hope so," my feet sunk in the gritty sand.

"She was married before. I just want the best for him. I know they've been dealing with a lot of hate,"

"Haters suck," I sat down on the sand.

"Yeah, that's for sure," kendall picked up a small rock and tried to skip it on the ocean. "I want us to last. We'll grow old. We'll make it."

His words broke my Heart. He deserves to know the truth About what's really wrong, but I wanted to live in his idea of infinity forever.

"We'll make it," I agreed. I meant it though. If we had the chance to, we would. We lied down on the sand and I snuggled into his embrace. I felt off beat. The conflict that existed in our lives always demanded to be heard, to be seen, to be felt. We all get a couple hundred chapters, but only one story. I took a step back in my mind and wondered where I'd be without Kendall. For one minute, one moment the fear of being without him was like falling on glass.

"I think there's about a million things we need to do today and I don't want to do a single on of them," I sighed.

"Don't think about it right now. Watch the world with me." He looked at me with his ivory emerald eyes and tucked a piece of my dark hair behind my ears. "You know that I'll always choose you." He tugged my body closer and our lips were inches apart. The sun beat down warming our skin. He put his delicate hand on my cheek as he leaned in and traced my smile with his full pink lips. The waves continued to find the shore, slowly making their way to us.

"Juliet, have you noticed things have been different with the boys? I mean they'll always be my best friends, but I feel like they want to move on with their lives. Settle down ya know? Everything changes so quickly and I just don't want to be left behind, but I know I'll always have you know matter what."