08.

┌─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────┐

chapter eight ;
french&the groupchat.

└─────── °∘❉∘° ───────┘

real life !
-

"hey star," someone called out in a whisper, "doo doo head, wake up."

they groaned, rubbing the sleepiness out of her eyes. she sat up abruptly remembering they had classes. star frantically reached over for their phone and sees ranboo's familiar eyebrows and eyes on screen, he chuckled. "good morning."

7:27am. a wave of relief overcame her, "good morning."

"did you forget to put your alarm?"

"very much so, yeah."

"figured, you usually wake up at like 7:00."

"shouldn't you be in class?"

"i am," ranboo insists, flipping his camera to show him in a google meet. "look, i'm in web design."

"so swag, sir." star chuckled softly. "did you call me doo doo head when trying to wake me up?"

ranboo sets his phone done so they are able to see him, he hums in response. "mhm, but you woke up and that's all that matters. also you were knocked out."

{

ranboo's thoughts : italic
star's thoughts : bold

}

holy fuck, did i snore? "oh geez, i mean i was pretty tired."

"i could tell." he laughed, but reminded, "get to class you dork." is calling them dork a bit too much?

star groaned glancing at the time, 7:30. "i hate french so much." she complained, dragging herself out of bed. they mumble to herself, "no i don't."

their eyes widened, getting a jolt of energy when remembering they had a test today. "holy fuck! i forgot! fuck fuck.."

pluto logged on and clicked the link to her class, ranboo chuckled a bit. "you alright there?"

"no! the test is today. i'm not ready! i woke up three minutes ago!"

"hey hey," ranboo's tone softened, feeling the anxiousness she felt through the phone. "you're gonna do amazingly! i don't know french so i'm not much help, but you've got this, star!"

those words caused her to ease her shoulders, they smiled softly, "thank you."

"mhm mhm." he bit back his smile.

the two stayed on a call because star enjoyed his company and likewise with ranboo. he also helped pluto not completely quit with their test.

and even after her classes, they remained on call. if star was being honest, she couldn't remember the last time she slept on facetime as well as stayed on a call for so long.