11.

┌─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────┐

chapter eleven ;
tears&bear gif.

└─────── °∘❉∘° ───────┘

!!!!!!!
TRIGGER WARNING! MENTION
OF SELF HARM AND SUICIDE! please continue reading with caution. i'll put a
exclamation points in bold when it's okay to read again. be careful and stay safe. <3
!!!!!!!

maybe it was the gloomy sky, or the fact that star couldn't really move that alarmed her. but either way, it was freezing. chills went down their spine, she shivered a bit; and that's when they were able to fully move again.

but did they really want to? no. the sense of dread overcame her, for no exact reason. but nonetheless they walked over to the bench that sat in front of a lake. it seemed oddly familiar, but they couldn't place their finger on why.

she sat down, letting out a sigh; the warmth of it caused a small misty cloud to form but quickly disappear. it's fucking freezing.

star didn't know why they were there, they admired the water for the meanwhile. how peaceful it seemed compared to the gloominess around her.

"hello?" the sound of someone greeting them startled her, when looking over they saw their mom. all color from star's face drained. "mommy?"

the blonde woman sat beside their daughter, star knew this couldn't end well; but they couldn't do anything about it.

their mother smiled, the smile that star was constantly told was just like hers. "how are you, love?"

there was a lump in their throat, she tried to get words out. "i've been better."

"so i've seen."

they furrowed their eyebrows, "what?"

"you haven't been hurting yourself again, right?"

"huh?"

"oh please star, don't act so stupid." their mother scoffed, looking out to the lake. "you know exactly what i'm talking about."

they frowned, "i'm getting better."

"so you have been?"

"yeah.. yeah. i have."

"does apollo know?"

"no-"

"and why is that? you know he's going to be disappointed don't you?"

star felt herself about to breakdown, they tried to hold her emotions back. "no, no. he wouldn't be."

"oh please. you and i both know he would be."

he wouldn't. they whispered under their breath.

"say that again?" her mother glanced over intimidatingly.

"he wouldn't be. he'd be proud—"