six.

realized i'm living in hell
when i was given the news.

six

six. ON A VERY SPECIAL
EPISODE PT. 3

"Hey, kid."

Max snapped out of her trance and looked up to see Tony Stark smiling down at her with a present in hand.

The grown man sat down and was slightly intimidated by the high roof. He wondered why Max was even on top of the tower.

"You okay?" He asked.

She shrugged. "I guess so. What'd you come up for?"

"Well, first of all, I had to make sure that you weren't gonna jump off the roof and cause all hell."

Max lightly laughed.

"Also," Tony nudged her shoulder and handed her the gift. "It's your birthday."

Max grabbed the box and looked up at Tony. "Thanks but, you didn't have to. My birthday doesn't seem that important anymore."

Tony scoffed. "That's a lie! Everyone's birthday is important! It's a day closer to becoming who you're meant to. And, I know that you're parents aren't here to celebrate it with you, so I figured that this is the best I could do. Peter brought his friends. Thought you might want to have a couple friends sorta around your age."

The red-head chuckled and nodded her head. "Thanks, Tony. Really."

He patted her shoulder. "Ah, it's no problem kid." He got back up and started walking towards the stairs. "I'll give you five minutes to come inside or else I'll drag you myself!"

Max shook her head and laughed. She opened the card that was attached to the gift and read it.

From Your Favorite Billionaire Friend (and only billionaire friend) Tony Stark :)
- Happy 14th kiddo, Love You.

She smiled and opened the terribly wrapped gift. Inside there was a small black box and a paper on top of it that said "For my favorite Maximoff.". Max carefully tore off the paper and opened the box. A silver necklace with a small sage heart was perfectly packaged inside and she was in awe.

Max took the necklace out and put it on herself. It was truly the most beautiful gift she had ever gotten. She put it around her neck and clipped it.