3

"I need to go to the bathroom" Maya announced and he nodded in return.

Now it was her chance.

Instead of taking a bathroom door, she went towards the staff room. No one stopped her but Margaret sent her a questioning look.

She said quick hi to her colleague passing by with food for her table (probably).

Maya quickly went through the back door.

Suddenly, she was free. For a second she had no idea what to do, where to move and how to proceed from now. Congrats, she just went out without a plan.

She quickly started walking in the direction of her old house but she felt someone's hand on her arm.

"Miss Sorrentino please stop" Maya with terror turned away to see a bodyguard who was left in the car now standing in front of her. His hold wasn't strong but a chance of her running away from a grow-up man was zero so she gave up on that idea immediately.

"Let me go" she tried

"I'm sorry I cannot do that. Yes boss, she left. I have her now"

So Salvatore must have figured out what she was planning. Did he notice that she used the wrong door? Probably. Obviously. Maya felt a cold sweat. She was in so much trouble. She let her brother's employee take her to the car.
________________________________
After a few long minutes, Salvatore entered the car, and surprisingly instead of showing anger, he seemed to be perfectly normal and calm.

He even bothered to wait for the staff to pack their food.

"Take us to the airport" Salvatore instructed simply and Maya with shock noted that he was not trying to address her obvious escape attempt.

"Eat"

He handed a box of takeout to her.

She didn't want to.

They were silent for a while. Marco sends her a worried glance but it was met with Salvatore's cold stare and he instantly focused on the road.

"Maya what are you trying to achieve with starving yourself? You know it won't change anything, right?" he asked calmly

"If it bothers you just drop me off at aunt Nina's place"

"I can assure you dear child that no matter what your behavior is the result will be the same. You on the plane to California with me and you can choose a hard way or an easy way. The hard way has consequences" he warned

The last sentence sent chills to Maya's spine. Maya could feel it in her bones that this man was dangerous and she was testing his patience. Moreover, her last chance of escaping was gone. She didn't even have a plan where to go after escape if she goes to aunt Nina he will find her.

Feeling defeated she wordlessly picked up the box and started eating still warm ravioli. It felt like eating the cardboard, she just hoped she won't puke it all out in the shiny, expensive-looking car.

Maya felt her eyes stinging but she refused to cry. She won't be crying in front of this man. How dare he show up and take her away from her aunt, from her home, how dare he expect her to just wordlessly accept everything he says. She was scared and she was angry.

As they arrived at the airport another unpleasant conversation started. It wasn't a conversation it was just Salvatore giving her directions.

"Now, will you be able to follow me like a good girl or do I need to ask Marco to hold your hand?" He asked in a calm, controlled voice that was pissing her off.