7

*unedited*

It was only a second day at school when Maya witnessed something shocking. A sweet boy, who introduced himself as Mike and borrowed her notebooks so she could catch up with the material was pushing around another student.

His victim haven't bothered to fight back. Perhaps they were discouraged by the group of Mike's friends. The cute looking brown-haired was just standing there letting other people do as they please.

"Lucas, Lucas, Lucas... don't you know it's rude to snitch on people?"

Was Mike playing mafioso right now, or something?

"I don't care I won't be covering your ass. A teacher asked what I saw and I told them and I would do it again" apparently, it was not an answer Mike was looking for.

Maya gasped as Mike hit Lucas straight in the face with his fist, her legs moved on her own as she said

"Wait... stop" Maya found herself saying. Why was she getting involved? That was stupid move.

One of Mike's friends stopped her from approaching the boys, the boy pushed her a little too strong as he said "Mind your business bitch" Maya was sent flying on the wall.

She hit on the hard surface she instinctively touched her head. Fuck. There was blood. Hopefully, she wasn't bleeding too much. As she was trying to get up someone helped her, it was Nicole.

"Hey sorry I didn't mean to-"

"Marcus, you're a fucking idiot don't you know who she is?" Nicole asked pushing the guy away before he managed to reach his hand out to help Maya stand up.

"Who?" Marcus asked with a hint of confusion noticeable in his voice

"She's Sorrentino's little sister," Nicole said

"They have a sister?" now, the confusion shifted into a terrified expression "stop messing with me" he warned Nicole

She only rolled her eyes in response.

"I'm not messing with you. Better ask yourself if your parents have money to cover your funeral"

"Fuck. Fuck. Hey I'm sorry I didn't mean to"

"It's okay, nothing happened" Maya muttered.

"Nothing happened? You're bleeding. Come with me I will take you to the nurse"

This was unfortunately the last thing Marcus has said because Lucas got off the floor and threw himself at him.

That's why men have a shorter lifespan. What the fuck.

This time it was Lucas who started the fight and he looked like he's about to kill Marcus. For some reason, Nicole seemed completely unaffected by this display of violence. She was more worried about her cousin.

But instead of going to the nurse's office, Maya convinced Nicole to take her to the bathroom and there assess if the damage is serious enough.

"The bleeding stopped right? So there's no need to make a fuss" Maya assured and Nicole nodded.

"Are you sure you don't want to tell any of your brothers I know them longer than you, they will be pissed about this"

"You're right you know them longer than me. I'm just a strange girl who suddenly lives at their house why would they care about me" Maya responded and this response shocked Nicole.

"Hey, are you serious? You're their baby sister. You would see they care if you'd told them"

"Nicole I don't want them to know," Maya said stubbornly.