11

It was surreal to see Salvatore with her pink notebook in his hands. It wasn't matching him at all, it looked ridiculous and contrasted with his expensive-looking black suit.

"So how was your day so far Maya," he asked calmly and this piqued the interest of the whole table which now fell quiet.

Maya just stared at the table. She was in trouble.

"When I answer the question I expect an answer" his voice was less pleasant now.

"It went well"

"What grade does it get"

Ah, the grade. The was a day when Maya wouldn't write up the calories in her journal because she has lost control and ate too much. It was usually the days when she had to purge to feel better and they usually get the grade D. Sometimes she didn't throw up, she just let the contents of her stomach stay and fatten her up. Those days would get a grade F. It was fucked up. In every single way. But for now, she wasn't certain how much of her notes Salvatore understood. She knew that speaking during interrogation wasn't recommended so she opted out for silence.

"What's going on? Is she okay?" Simon asked

"Certainly not" Alessio responded with a humorless voice

"You will find that I am a very patient man Maya so if you prefer it we may sit here in silence all day. However, I must warn you - I do not appreciate people wasting my time so the sooner you tell me what I need to know the sooner you will leave"

"F. I would get an F because I have eaten too much"

"That pitiful portion of lasagna was too much for you?" Gianni asked completely not understanding what is going on.

What was she supposed to respond to this?

"Let's make an assessment together and see if we agree. I will even write it down for you" Salvatore said and took an expensive-looking pen to follow up with his promise. "What have you eaten for breakfast today?"

"French toast"

"Has anyone saw her actually eating?"

Boys shook their heads. They didn't but technically Maya could have been eating it when they weren't in the kitchen, right? Right.

"At what hour?"

Shit.

"I don't know, around nine?" She responded nervously

"Wanna try to lie again this time in a more convincing voice?" Alessio asked bored with the turtle pace this conversation was progressing with.

"Quiet Alessio" it was Salvatore who spoke up. "So only toast? Any beverage?"

It was torture. He was torturing her.

"Alright I haven't eaten anything" she gave up quickly

"For your information," Salvatore's voice went from polite and curious to cold and terrifying "our housekeeper was in the kitchen for the whole morning. She didn't saw you today or any other day. Think twice before you decide to lie again Maya you won't like the consequences I promise"

"Now that we have that issue behind us. You haven't eaten anything since yesterday and according to your particularly detailed notes yesterday you have eaten oatmeal, water with lemon, and had four coffees I believe"

"What the fuck" Gianni said in confusion

"I'm sorry I will throw the notebook away" Maya mumbled knowing this discussion won't end so easily.