𝑯𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝑫𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆

(Season 1 episode 3
Esqueleto)

Next day at school, Rebecca sat beside the boys at lunch again while Counselor Blatt made an announcement, but Bex droned her out because she thought the woman's voice was high pitched and annoying

She only looked up when Counselor Blatt said something about facial deformity. Bex's gaze hardened. People could be so cruel, especially teenagers.

People began to whisper about Eli. Which angered the pink haired girl. How could the counselor out Eli like that?

Eli hid the scar as he held his head down. Demetri and Miguel gave him sympathy looks while Bex was glaring at anyone left looking at Eli.

"But today, our goal here is to make this school a safe place for all students." Counselor Blatt stated.

"You know," Miguel turned to Eli. "if you're sick of being bullied, my karate dojo's looking for recruits."

"Yeah, right." Demetri cut in. "You hear that, Eli? A little karate training, and you're gonna kick some major ass."

"I'm serious, Demetri. My Sensei's the real deal. I'm sure I could get you guys discounts." Miguel said.

"As enticing as that sounds, I think we'd rather spend our afternoons playing Crucible Control than getting hit in the face." Demetri rolled his eyes.

Eli frowned, not completely agreeing with his best friend.

"Oh, and one last thing." Counselor Blatt continued. "While we're all looking forward to the halloween dance, let's make sure our costumes are culturally sensitive. For example, instead of "sexy nurse," maybe try "gender-neutral hospital employee."

Bex rolled her eyes, turning back to her friends as she ignored the annoying voice of Counselor Blatt. "Who exactly is your Sensei?"

"Johnny Lawrence. He lives in the apartment across from me." Miguel grinned. "You in?"

"I don't do karate. Sorry, Miguel." Rebecca stated with an expressionless face. "I'm sure you'll get more students soon."

She heard many stories about Johnny Lawrence from Sam's dad, a father figure to Bex. He wasn't a good man she was told.

And once upon a time, Bex loved karate. She trained alongside Sam when they were little girls. But when Rebecca's mother died, she stopped training. She couldn't do it anymore.