stranded

chapter twostranded

chapter two
stranded

𝒊𝒊 . 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒅

Prim trudged into the doorway, a deep sigh leaving her lips as she did so, just coming back from nearly an hour of resetting the traps her newfound mutuals set off. The traps were her form of security, a handmade alarm system perhaps you could call it. It consisted of a bunch of recycled cans tied to a rope that wrapped around the porch. Believe it or not, it had proved helpful in more ways than one. She opened the door and stepped inside, closing it quietly. Truth was, her nerves had spiked as she walked up that porch, regret and disappointment thrown her way when she realized she left her little sister with people she hardly knew the names of. An irresponsible and possibly unforgivable decision that could've resulted in some of the worst ways imaginable when it came to this new way of living.

Prim didn't trust these strangers, but when she looked into the depths of Beth's blue, she somehow knew that they were trustworthy people. That didn't mean anything and it never would, but she liked to think maybe it did. The thought had somehow given her guilty conscious a tad of hope. She would be absolutely fucked if anything happened to Teddy on her watch.

The brunette's ears perked, guarded and nervous. A soft melody coming from somewhere within the funeral home had been the only noise she could hear. She paused mid step, a questionable eyebrow furrow forming on her face. The hallway before her was empty and the noise had only been coming from the first room down. Prim sat her bow gently against the wall, remembering to grab the separate arrows before she tiptoed down the hall. She reached the opening of the service room and halted, peeking from behind the wall to see the source of the pretty sound. Beth was sitting at the piano, soft fingers gingerly pressing on the keys. She played a song that Prim was sure she had been familiar with, but no recognition had come to mind. Either way it was beautiful.

She looked towards where a sat Daryl had been held hostage by Teddy. He was on one of the service chairs, looking rather bothered as the blonde child was in the one besides him. She was crisscrossed, facing his arm. Her small hands worked on the bandage she was wrapping around his bicep, nose scrunched in concentration. Daryl reached down in curiosity towards the bandage but the moment his finger brushed the fabric, Teddy's small hand lashed out and slapped it away.

"Don't touch." She demanded, lost in focus. The archer's hand flew up in surrender and he sent her a distasteful look regarding her attitude. It was amusing in the slightest and Prim's lips pressed in attempt to cover her smile. She went to step away, deciding to leave the three be in their peaceful moment but her boot had come across a hollow spot in the floorboards and a creek erupted down the halls. She winced, halting in step when she heard the music stop instantly. With a sigh, Prim stepped out from the darkness and into view, a sheepish grin showing in her dimples.