Chapter 5

"Tonight's top story is that a strange, almost out of nowhere fire started in Brookfield Heights today was stopped not by the National City Fire Department, but by something even better. Or I suppose I should say someone. Looks like Superman might have some competition as today a mysterious blonde woman appeared out of nowhere bearing the same symbol on her chest as him and also displaying very similar powers as him. Our exclusive amatuer footage clearly shows this mystery woman displaying the powers of the man of steel putting out the fire and saving countless innocent lives." a news reporter said on TV as Kara and Mon-El sat on the couch of their loft drinking champagne to celebrate Kara's return as Supergirl.

"So, how did it feel to suit up again today?" Mon-El asked his girlfriend as they drank.

"Very overdue. Being out there again, helping people, I feel complete again." Kara said.

"I know that look. What's going through that head of your's?" Mon-El asked.

"I don't know, but my gut is telling me that the fire was not an accident. Someone set it on purpose, I just don't know why." Kara said.

"Tell you what. I will see if I can get my hands on the forensic reports regarding the fire tomorrow when I get to the precinct and get a copy of them to you, since if there is something suspicious about those fires, we'll find out what they are before anything else happens." Mon-El said and Kara nodded as they continued watching the news report.

"I don't know who she is or where she came from, but I do hope that it's the same place he came from. But regardless, I am very thankful that she decided to make an appearance today, since without her, things would've gone very differently for everyone." the fire chief said as the interview switched back to the main screen.

"A sentiment I'm sure a lot of people in this city, myself included, share, since honestly, I think that if this new woman, whoever she is is here to stay, then we are in much safer hands. Of course, that leaves a ton of questions, most prominent being who is she, where has she been and why did she decide to reveal herself now." the anchor asked.

"I'm guessing you'll be answering that question in your article tomorrow? Still can't believe that you and your cousin write stories based on your exploits as Supergirl and Superman." Mon-El said, now giving his girlfriend a hard time.

"Hey, superheroes sell, which means that being the sole provider of Supergirl information will make me a lot of money. I'm not just a reporter in this universe, I'm also a business woman." Kara said.

"I know. And I find it all incredibly sexy." Mon-El said with a smile, which Kara returned before setting down her glass, climbing on top of him and kissing him.

Across town in a storage locker, another person was watching the same broadcast.

"It appears that the theatrics I used to cover my actions had an unexpected result." the man said as he looked over at the laser guillotine that he'd used to behead the alien he'd pulled from that building before setting the fire to cover his tracks and make it impossible for them to determine who the victim was.

"I'll definitely need to keep an eye on her. Especially if she is who I think she is. Alura's daughter could be a very valuable ally to the Master Jailer." Carl Draper said as he turned to his armor, thinking that it was time to go hunting again.

"Does this development worry you?" Non asked Astra as they observed the footage of what had to be Kara debuting as a hero.

"Why would it?" Astra asked, trying to keep the joy at the prospect of her niece surviving from showing.

"This is clearly your niece we are talking about. I want to make sure that you won't be conflicted about fighting her." Non said.

"Kara is not her mother. She can be made to see reason. She will support us." Astra said confidently.