chapter 5

This is a triple update so read the next two chapters:)

An Unblinking Death
Season 1 Episode 19

Eight days have passed since The Feast of the Blessings and last night was Caroline's first night at her new apartment. Klaus had noticed something off about her during these past few days. She was more quiet than usual, which made him worried for her, but she would just tell him that she was okay. And she was. At least for the most part. She hasn't done much in the last couple of days but staying inside for the most part. Bonnie and Stefan are still in New Orleans, and Elena still hasn't spoken to her. Caroline acts like it doesn't bother her, but it does, and she tries to not think about as much, which has been working so far.

She was sitting crisscrossed on her couch in the living room, and she had the remote to the television in her hand, surfing through the channels trying to find anything remotely interesting to watch. It was barely ten in the morning, and she was in a robe, not entirely dressed for the day.

Her ears picked up some noises coming from the front door, which made her nervous and alerted, but then she heard the lock turning, and she was instantly calmed down because she knew who it was. The door opens, and she sees Klaus walking in with a smile on his face.

"You could knock, you know?" She says as he closes the door behind him, and then he makes his way over to the living room area where she's at.

"Morning to you, too." He said, still with a smile on his face, and he held up a key to show it to her.

"I gave a spare key for emergencies," She pointed out, "not for you to walk in at any given moment."

"Hmm." He hums as he sat next to her with his arm stretched out behind her. "Why would I allow the women carrying my child to get up from, by the looks of it, a very comfortable spot just to open the door when I have a key? A minor inconvenience that you can avoid."

He looks at her as she rolls her eyes at him. He looks down at her and notices she's in a robe. "It's ten in the morning. Why aren't you dressed?"

"It's ten in the morning. Why are you dressed?" Caroline asked and immediately regretted it when she sees the smirk on his face. "That came out wrong. I meant that it's ten in the morning, and you came over unannounced. I didn't expect you to come so early in the morning, and if I did, I wouldn't have been in a robe. Besides, I don't have any plans today, which means I get to stay in this robe for as long as I want to."

"I came to see how your first night here was. Seems like everything went well." He says as he looks around the place, and everything here was almost as he expected, very much Caroline.

The couch was an off-white color. The couch pillows were either grey or white, and some had decorative patterns on them. Behind them was a tall bookshelf filled with books and some shelves had picture frames or small plants. There was a coffee table in front of them and to the wall in front was a stand with glass shelves, and it had built-in lights which gave it a blue glow, and on top of the stand was a flat-screen TV. Above it was a floating shelf that had some plants. To the living room's right was the dining room, which was merged, and to the left, the whole wall was primarily windows. It gave her a complete view of the city, which she loved.

"Seems very homey." He smiled. "Since you don't have any plans, perhaps you would like to join me for a bite to eat? Have you had breakfast today?"

"No." She shook her head. "Not yet."

"Come on, get dressed," Klaus says as he moves his arm away that was around her. "Down the street, there's a small restaurant at the corner. We can have breakfast there."