chapter 3

This is a double update so make sure to read the next chapter :)

Moon over Bourbon Street
Season 1 Episode 17

It's been a month since Caroline came to New Orleans... a very long month for her. She never expected to stay this long but then again she didn't expect to live with Klaus yet here she is.  Her mom came to visit a few times whenever she had gotten two or more days off of work. She hasn't seen any of her friends though. She only talks to Bonnie and Stefan mostly.

It's been a couple of days since Elena has woken up and back to her old self but Caroline hasn't spoken to her, afraid of how she might react. She knew it wouldn't be that long until Elena would start to wonder where she's at and that she's really not at her "aunt's house". It was a lie. A really crappy lie but she believed it.

Klaus has been spending every second of every day by Caroline's side. She called him "insufferable" and also said, "you're like a gum stuck to my shoe that I can't get off." In response, he would laugh because he knew she was joking or he hoped she was. He enjoyed his time with her without the constant thoughts that her friends were up to something like how it was Mystic Falls. Each morning he looked forward to seeing her in the kitchen making herself breakfast. Little did she know she made his day a tiny bit better... maybe more than a tiny bit.

At first living here in the compound with Klaus and Elijah was a bit uncomfortable. She'd spend her time either in the room she was temporarily staying in or in the living room whenever she got bored of being in her room. She didn't end up taking Klaus' room even though he insisted that she should since she did kiss him even if it wasn't the one he expected. He had set her up in the room across from his so that he would be near her if she needed anything. She ate whenever Klaus or Elijah had offered. She felt like she was invading their personal space so she tried to leave things the way they were as if she were never there.

Though as time passed, she got more comfortable. The first time she made herself breakfast ended terribly because she ended up throwing a wooden spoon at Klaus. She was minding her own business as she made breakfast for herself when Klaus walked in but she didn't notice. He sat on the chair with a smile on his face as she cooked whatever she was cooking completely in her own world.

She's stunning.

Maybe that's why they called our child the work of a divine. She is divine. Beautiful like an Angel.

As soon as she turned around she yelped in surprise and threw the spoon at Klaus but he quickly dodged it. Her hand slapped to her mouth as she realized what she did and she apologized many times but he thought it was funny because her first instinct was to throw the spoon as a defense.

She spoke to Elijah many times over this past month. Him telling her that if she needs anything, like things from home, to tell him and he'll make sure she gets it in a few hours. She liked the way he treated her, he was very kind. He made sure the fridge was now fully stocked for her needs since Hayley wasn't living there and she was living in the bayou now.

Speaking about Hayley, Caroline has yet to see her and she doubts Klaus has seen her either because he's been spending his time with her. Maybe he has seen her during the times he wasn't with Caroline. Their relationship with Klaus is different. He gets more along with Caroline than he does Hayley.

From what she learned over these few weeks is that things are rocky because Hayley is on the wolf's side. Caroline isn't on no one's side but her child so she isn't worried about choosing one or the other. She doesn't need to because she is a vampire. Looking back on the hundreds of years of history, vampires and werewolves have never gotten along and will always be enemies.