chapter 1

A/N: For those of you who are coming over for the book Our Little One thank you for reading this story and I really hope you enjoy it as much as the other book.

I'm not keeping up with TVD timeline so if you see anything that doesn't correlate correctly with the timeline ignore it. This story is more focused on Klaus and Caroline and The Originals storyline.

***

The Work of the Divine
Season 1 Episode 0

Weeks have passed since Klaus and Caroline hooked up together in the woods. It was more a spur of the moment type of thing, she told herself. Her secret is that she did feel an attraction to Klaus Mikaelson but she never dared to share that out loud to anyone... at least to anyone but Klaus.

After her run-in with Klaus, she ended up confessing her feelings to him. I mean, what else could she do? She was a vampire after all. All her emotions were heightened and at that moment it was just him and her. No thoughts were in her mind just the way his lips felt against hers, the way she wanted him just as much as he wanted her. She only planned on just making out with him but little did she know that once she felt his lips on hers she was done for.

She tried to forget about what happened because she did have sex with Klaus Mikaelson. The guy who did horrible things to people... to her and her friends. Or that's what she told herself which made her feel even more guilty. The harder she tried to forget the more she'd daydream about how he kissed her. So passionate yet rough unlike she ever felt before. If she had the chance to kiss him again she would even though she knew it was wrong.

The good thing was that Klaus was hundreds of miles away from her and that was a good thing because she didn't trust herself around him... she would give in to her desire yet again not caring about the consequences she would later face. Now that she knew what it was like to be with him she wanted him but that thought stayed in the back of her mind in which she gladly ignored. She thanked herself that she never had to see him again but that didn't stop her from feeling that guiltiness so she went to the friend she knew who'd understand her.

Elena Gilbert.

The girl who was once with the good brother and is now with the "bad" brother.

It was almost the same as Elijah Mikaelson and Klaus Mikaelson. Elijah as the good, noble brother. Klaus as the monster, the "abomination" also known as the bad brother.

Except the fact that Caroline was never attracted to Elijah. Sure he was good looking but she does have a certain taste in men.

Caroline confessed her secret to her best friend but little did she know Elena was possessed by her evil doppelgänger, Katerina Petrova also known as Katherine Pierce. And Katherine being Katherine she made sure Tyler Lockwood, Caroline's ex-boyfriend, overheard knowing well enough that Klaus had killed his mother not that long again.

Everyone ended finding out some didn't care (Damon) and some were disappointed and some were angry. But apparently, some of them expected to happen at some point later rather than sooner (Damon) but it happened sooner.

Caroline avoided all of her friends for days. Just because she felt guilty didn't mean she owed anyone an apology. She wasn't going to apologize for something she did. She did what she did and that's over with it and now she's suffering the consequences.

She did what any normal person would do, she went shopping. She did something to preoccupy herself almost every day. On the days she didn't go anywhere she'd lay in bed because she felt sick.