irresponsible - reece

I was peacefully studying at home, while Reece was out for a night in town with George and Blake. I never was particularly worried about him when he was going out, I trusted him to be a responsible adult and not drink too much. Besides, I needed to study and I could focus best if I was home alone.

But when I decided to take a short break and I look at my phone, my heart stopped for a second. In the last fifteen minutes both George and Blake called me over ten times. T e n   t i m e s. Something must have happened. I took a deep breath, telling myself that they have probably just gotten drunk and were calling random people, me included. I decided to call Blake anyway, in case something really happened. After a while, he picked up.

"Y/n. Thank god you're finally calling." he said to the phone. So they weren't prank-calling. I started getting anxious.
"Blake, where are you guys? Did something happen?"
"But don't panic y/n, ok?" the tone of his voice suggested there was something to panic about.
"Blake just tell me where you are"
"We're in the ER-"
What the fuck.
I felt my breathing become quicker. Something has happened to Reece.
"What? What happened? Is Reece alright?"
"Y/n, let me finish. Yes, we're alright, Reece had to get a few stitches but it's nothing serious, please don't panic."
"Stiches!? What happened?"
"Uhh-" he hesitated "I think it would be best if he told you himself"

Now I was not only worried but also confused. Why was my boyfriend getting stitches and why the hell couldn't Blake tell me?
"I wanna talk to George, maybe he's gonna tell me something more than you did" I sighed, mildly annoyed.
The other end of the line was silent for a second, before I heard George's voice.
"Hi y/n" he said shyly.
"Please G, don't be like your friend and tell me what did my idiot of a boyfriend do this time"
"How do I say this... Well he's gotten into a fight at the bar" George explained and I heard muffled voice in the background scolding him "What the fuck mate, Reece didn't want her to know"
Oh okay, so not only he got into a fight, but also wanted to hide it from me? Now I wasn't even worried. I was absolutely mad.
"And uhh, can I ask you something? Could you maybe pick us up at the hospital? I'm not really eager to take a taxi with injured Reece"
"I'm on my way"
I took my car keys from the hanger in the hallway. "Tell Reece that he should better have a good explanation prepared."
George only muttered something in response and told me which exactly hospital they were in, and then he hung up.

Once I parked the car in front of the hospital, I texted the guys that I'm waiting for them in the parking lot. After a while all three of them were sitting in the car, Reece in the passenger seat next to me. I took a quick glance at his face and gasped. Not only has he had stitches above his eyebrow, he also had a cut lip and a slightly black eye. Despite my anger, I loved Reece and seeing him in pain made my heart sting.
"Baby... What the hell have you done?" I asked him, worry and disappointment in my voice.
"Can we... Maybe not while you're driving?"
I shrugged, not saying anything.

After dropping George and Blake at their houses we went home.
As soon as we walked through the door, I turned to Reece.
"For god's sake, Reece! A bar fight, really? God, I'm so disappointed, I trusted you!" I didn't mean to scream so loud but I guess I just had to let my emotions out. I felt bad for it, but I couldn't help it.
"Baby, let me explain, please..." he mumbled.
"Okay then, explain yourself." I crossed my arms on my chest.
"There was this guy at the bar and he recognised me as your boyfriend and he said he was your ex-"
My eyes widened and I chuckled, gesturing at Reece to continue.
"And he started talking really awful stuff about you and I just couldn't help it and I launched at him and then one of his friends threw a bottle at me."
No way.
"Are you out of your damn mind? I'm over my ex boyfriend, we talked about it Reece! I suffered enough because of him and I got over it, and so should you! Do you really think I need to be defended from some stupid guy that I cut off from my life? I don't care wheter he says I'm a whore, slut or other things, I don't fucking care! It's not worth it!" oh well, here I was with the screaming again. The words were coming out of my mouth before I got to think about them.
"Please stop screaming." Reece whispered, his eyes focused on the floor. He seemed ashamed.
"I'm just so mad at you! If you were thinking like a smart person I was sure you are, you would have known that I would thousand times rather be insulted by a guy I don't care about than for you to be risking your life trying to defend me!" That was when my voice cracked. "If that stupid bottle missed by few inches, it could have hit you in a vital spot and you could have bled out and..." my voice trailed off and my eyes filled with tears. All of the feelings, the anger and worry, started leaving my body. I was shaking and sobbing.

I felt strong arms wrap around my body. "I'm so sorry darling, that was a stupid thing to do" Reece's soft whisper ringed in my ears as he rubbed my back "Please don't cry... I'm okay, nothing really bad happened to me and I will never do something like that again. I promise." He reached for my hand and intertwined his pinky with mine. "Pinky promise, ok?" he looked in my eyes and smiled uncertainly. I smiled back, having already calmed down a bit, and I nodded.
"Let's just forget about it" I said. "Although it's gonna be hard considering I'm gonna have to wake up to your bruised face for the next week or so." I added rolling my eyes, causing Reece to laugh.

Suddenly I felt a wave of tiredness rush over me. I yawned, leaning onto Reece's torso. "I'm tired" I mumbled into his chest.
"Me too." he said "Let's get to bed. It's been a long night for both of us."

With that, we went to the bedroom and climbed into bed, too tired too even get undressed. I cuddled to my boyfriend's body and immediately fell asleep, thankful that this day is finally ending.

--------
so yeah, my first imagine (tho i written one before thats still in the drafts waiting to be finished and published hahaha)
ik this is a little overdramatic but that's how i do it 😅
anyway, comment what you think, it means a lot!