SECTION 4

Within the ceiling vents, the black, slimy creature crawled. Sniffing, keeping quiet as possible. Its large, pointed tail hung limply.

Xeno couldn't see well, but it knew humans were aboard this ship. Within this vent, it couldn't turn its elongated, banana-shaped head, so it relied on its natural predatory instincts to crawl around. Feeling the cold, metal edges of the vent.

With a hiss, it stopped knowing one of the crewmembers was well within reach. In front of the now-massive creature was a rectangular-shaped hole, beneath the hole was a bearded man named Bobby. He held an electronic device, making sure the ship was up and running correctly.

Bobby was a good friend of Thomas Frost. Never talked to Alan much, he considered the young man weak and uninteresting.

And now, the xenomorph could just make out the top of this man's head. If Bobby were to look up at this instant, he would see the giant opening of the vent, wouldn't have to look far into the hole and see the tar-black, slimy figure looking down at him. The creature pushes its lips back to reveal a row of pointed teeth.

The sound of Bobby's radio beeping caused the creature to slink back into the vent. Bobby put the radio to his mouth and spoke.

"This is Bobby, over."

Thomas spoke on the other end. "Hey Bobby, we've been finding weird goop all over the ship. I'm afraid the death of Dr. Hamel was just the beginning. Be on the lookout. I don't wanna lose you. Hamel was kinda a bitch, but we've been buddies a long time. Over."

Bobby chuckled. "A good friend. But not good enough to let me sleep with your wife." He smirked. Thomas chuckled.

As soon as Bobby hooked the radio to the loop in his overalls, the alien jumped on top of Bobby, slamming into his shoulders. Bobby yelled as he fell onto his back, the creature had him pinned to the metal floor.

As Bobby opened his mouth to yell, he felt warm saliva drip from the jaws of the creature and into his esophagus.

With a quick movement, Xeno's jaws opened wide and a thick, grey tongue with teeth penetrated Bobby's eye and smashed into the back of his head. His skull exploded with a sickening crunch.

With its tongue back in its mouth and blood dripping from its fangs, Xeno stood at full height. 7 ft to be exact.

Bobby handled the tech on the ship. With the ship's layout being how it is, the creature stood in the upper level of the USS Frontier.

A loud beep came from one of these large machines, at first Xeno was startled by the sudden, brain-piercing sound, until it found its source.

One of the huge computers had detected the visitor. An alarm began to sound from the said computer, along with the sound of a female monotone computer. Unidentified lifeform in Deck B. Unidentified lifeform on Deck B.

Xeno hissed loudly, swiped the machine with one of its huge claws, and crawled back up into the air vent.

The door to Deck B opened with an electronic whoosh. Thomas briskly walked in a machine gun in hand, complete with a flashlight. Wearing a dark green uniform, his muscular arms frozen, his finger near the trigger.

He knew the creature had been here. He could just sense it. Looking to the floor, Thomas gasped. Bobby's dead body lay at his boots. One of his eye sockets was dripping with blood, Thomas bent down in shock. He could see Thomas' insides through this huge gash.

"Fucking ALIEN SHIT!" He yelled and made an announcement on his radio. Unlike the other radios, his could be switched to a special setting. A setting in which the entire ship could hear his announcement.

"Alert USS Frontier! There is a dangerous lifeform aboard our ship. Please go to your quarters and remain there. Keep your doors locked. We are going to take care of this. Repeat. Go to your quarters, lock your doors and remain calm."

The evidence of a creature had been stirring since the doctor's death, but now the Frontier was in full lockdown mode.

Red lights flashed in certain areas.

Downstairs is where most of the people were, so no doubt Thomas' shipmates were in somewhat of a panic.

***

Lying in bed, Alan smiled softly. His dreams were coming true.

Alan's Log March 15

I sip my morning coffee.

The USS Frontier is dead quiet.

Usually, my dad would be joking and telling me stupid comments. I like this silence. I wasn't yelled at today. I can take it easy this morning. I can sit and enjoy a morning snack.

I felt bad for the doctor, she was nice. I feel the loss. I told her a bit about what went on, the dynamic my family and I had.

Bobby? He was a waste of space. Never once tried to help me through anything. I was going to tell him about 'that night'. But he and dad were like a clique. If you're not 'in the club' then you're just a weak, pathetic loser.

Xeno is now running around doing what I knew it would do.

The ship is in chaos. Dad is trying to contact Weyland, but no one is answering-which I figured would happen. Now that the egg has hatched early, the company doesn't want yet another mess on its hands so probably the company is ignoring us.

Which means we all could die. Deep down though, I can't help but feel my life wouldn't have gotten much better.

I'll enjoy this as much as I can. I only hope Xeno kills me quickly if we should meet face-to-face.