02

You woke up rather early. Or rather you didn't sleep at all. You kept tossing and turning through the night. The decaying of your organs caused you much discomfort.

You threw up quite a bit a blood through the night. By the time you knew it, it was already 5:19 in the morning.

You had done your morning routine. You picked out clothes for the day. A simple shirt and sweats. What caught your eye was when you were taking off your shirt you noticed black on the right side of your back.

It was the size of a tennis ball and it looked quite nasty. You knew it was the decay eating away at you.

By 5:37 you were outside waiting for the sun to rise. You didn't feel like eating just yet.

"Y/n! There you are!" You faced the direction the shouting was coming from.

"Kaminari? Is something wrong?" You asked as the boy grabbed onto your shirt. When he looked up at you he was crying.

He was crying so much snot started to come from his nose. He kept trying to calm himself but he just couldn't.

"Kaminari, what's wrong?" You spoke softly.

"You were there and I was there. We were all there. A-And you said that it, it was terrifying I-I couldn't sleep. When I woke-"

"Denki!" You yelled as you grabbed him.

"Calm down and tell me what happened."

"I had a-a dream where you told us it got bad and, and we got all sad. Y-you said you were going to die so we spent all the time we could together and when the time came... we,we." Was all Denki managed to say before he broke down in tears.

"Please y/n. Tell me it was all just a dream and you're not going to die." He begged. You hugged him.

You took a deep breath before speaking the following words...

"It was just a dream, Denki. I'm still here."

You hugged Denki even tighter. He hugged you just as tight. He was leaving all his snot and tears on your shirt.

You lied again.

Though it wasn't necessarily a lie. You just told him it was just a dream which was true. You didn't tell him that you weren't going to die. You just said you were still there.

"Tell me you aren't going to die, please."

or so you thought. You were going to have to lie again. You didn't want too but you had too.

"I'm not going to die." You lied.

You wanted to cry. You wanted to cry so badly. You wanted it to be the truth so bad. You didn't want to die just yet.

You wanted to live a long life.

You wanted to live until you were old telling stories to your grandchildren or kids who wanted to hear your stories.

You wanted to be one of those old people who baked desserts for their grandchildren.

You wanted to be one of those old people who sat on the bench feeding pigeons or just reading a newspaper.

You wanted to be one of those old people who'd complain to the youth about their ways.

You wanted to be one of those old people who lived their lives.

You wanted to be one of those old people who grew old with a smile on their face.

You wanted to be one of those old people who were happy being old.