06

When dawn appeared through the windows of the common room you dreaded it. You would've hoped to sleep a little longer.

You made your way to your dorm entering it and closing the door. You took a good look at your room. You never really took a good look at it. You began to rearrange thing. You moved your bed to the right side of the room. You move the desk upward towards the balcony wall. You ended up moving the nightstand below your bed.

You cleaned up a little more. You still had your boxes from when you moved in the dorms so you began packing your clothes inside.

Your wore the same 7 outfits for every day of the week. You wanted some control and boringness in your life and that was it. You put aside your UA uniform. You would've liked to wear it one last time but it was fine. You closed the box and put it next to the desk.

You fixed your bed, straighten the sheets and blankets. You fluffed your pillow before putting it in the bed. You put your stuffed bear against the pillow. It was a gift from everyone when they found out about your treatments.

Realizing that you wanted to shower, you took out your Friday outfit from the box before closing it again. Man were you lucky this one had long sleeves and sweats.

It was getting colder too so that helped.

Showering stung a bit. You did so quickly because of how much it did. You found yourself bleeding from the decaying skin. You quickly stopped the bleeding before bandaging yourself up.

"This sucks"

You sat at your desk and took out a piece of papers and a pen. You began to write and once you finished you folded it nicely. On the part that faced outward to wrote on top. 'Do not be afraid to open this my friends' you wrote. Still simple words yet your fingers ached terribly form writing them.

You leaned back in your chair. Thinking.

Just how were you supposed to spend your last day alive? Was there a proper way? Would you mess up your last day? Did you do everything you every wanted in life? Did you fulfill any promises? Did you have any regrets?

So many questions, such little time.

"Ehh I'll worry about it tomo-"

"Oh... that's right. There is no tomorrow. At least not for me."

From there you walked out. You held your hand on the handle as you closed it, it shut closed. It made the hinges creak. In a way this reminded you of the first time you visited your dorm.

You were still undergoing treatment of course but it was going good. You had placed your head on the door before muttering words such as "I can't wait to sleep for so long." Before you twisted the knob and headed inside.

Now it was the complete opposite. Almost as if you predicted your current problem. You probably jinxed yourself. You laughed a little at the realization of the coincidence.

You rested your head on the door. It was so nostalgic you wanted to cry. Taking a deep breath and exhaling a bit loudly you quickly shut your eyes and clenched your hand on the knob. It burned a little breathing in the air.

"I can't wait to wake up after so long."

And with that, your tightly clenched hand on the knob willingly let go. You lifted your head from the door and opened your eyes. You looked at the sign in your door.

'I'm sleeping. Come back later.'  You smiled at it before walking away. How trivial it felt to miss a room. Others would've laughed but you didn't. It was sentimental, the end or maybe just the hope.