7

Shouta really wasn't sure what he was doing. He had taken Y/N to one of the roadway service areas where there was a little shop, so she could buy all her things that she needed. Shouta hadn't even thought of her needing any... uh... hygiene products. But now they were here and they could shower and could get anything they'd need. Shouta had to admit that he felt a lot better after taking a shower and Y/N seemed to be much more agreeable after that as well.

She was just gathering up a whole lot of stuff from the store, so they could get moving again. Shouta kind of wished he knew where he was going, as well, but he didn't have a clue. Well, there was one place he had in mind that they kept kind of dancing around, but never really went to.

Maybe once everything had calmed down a bit. Shouta had heard on the radio about the murder and that they were looking for suspects. Of course they were looking into some gangs and whatnot and they weren't after him. But they were looking for Y/N - not as a suspect, but because she quit so shortly after her manager's death and couldn't be found anywhere.

The smart thing to do would be for her to go to the police, tell them a good story of why she basically just disappeared and go back to her normal life. That would be the best move for her to make. And for Shouta. But it would also mean that he'd never be able to see her again.

At least not for a long time. And he'd have to leave her behind and leave her alone while she'd have to go and lie to the police. He didn't want to do that. He didn't want to put her through that and most of all, he didn't want to leave her behind at all. Maybe it was selfish, but he wanted her to stay with him. But at the same time, she deserved a much better and much more comfortable life than he was able to offer her right now. So they'd have to get that van...

Shouta sighed and picked up the newspaper that he had gotten. He needed to keep up to date with what was happening, especially when it came to his case. He just hoped that Y/N wouldn't take much longer. He didn't like her being in there for too long and someone possibly recognizing her. They had to have had a picture of her up somewhere at this point. There was probably one in the newspaper he was leafing through right now. Damn it. This was too stressful.

Shouta's mind went back to the van. He had to think how he would make it a little more livable... maybe he could get something to hang on the walls, to make it look a little nicer... proper mattresses, maybe on some palettes? And some source of light... Shouta knew that Y/N really liked the way those little fairy lights looked. Maybe he could get some and hang them up.

Or maybe he should leave the decorating to her instead. He wasn't great at decorating stuff at all. It was probably a better idea to get her to do it instead. Plus, it would make things a little less boring for her. And she was bored all the time. But first he needed to get rid of the old car and get a new one. The money that he had gotten from home should be lasting them a good while, even with buying a van and redecorating it into a sort of mobile home. And it was more for Y/N than him.

Shouta stopped leafing through the newspaper, his eyes fixating on a picture at the bottom of the page. There she was. Y/N. Or at least some really old picture of her. So anyone out here could recognize her. She had (h/l) hair in the picture and it looked a little lighter than her hair colour now, but...

"Damn it." Shouta mumbled, folding up the paper again and throwing it onto the backseat. He couldn't leave her alone any longer. He needed to get her out of there and then he needed to tell her that she'd have to get a haircut. Everything else would be too risky. They might get discovered and then she might be suspected or Shouta would possibly get suspected or... Shouta didn't know. Shouta had no idea what might happen, and he didn't like that.

So he was going to get her out of that shop. He quickly hid his hair underneath a hat and put on a scarf he could hide his face in, before climbing out of the car and heading towards the store. He just hoped that Y/N was done with her shopping already, so they could get going right away.