17

After the initial embarrassment had worn off, Y/N and Shouta quickly moved on, since being in a public place for too long wasn't a good idea for them. Shouta didn't know why Y/N was so embarrassed about it - she was an adult woman after all and it wasn't like it was that unusual.

But that wasn't Shouta's biggest problem right now. It was nowhere near his biggest problem. He had several big problems and most of them he could do exactly nothing about, because they were outside his control. And they were potentially very threatening. His most immediate problem being the traffic control he was just being pulled into. He fucking hated the police.

Y/N was fast asleep next to him, thankfully. She was already getting worried enough about everything and Shouta didn't want her to worry about anything at all. She had been dragged into this without agreeing to it and she shouldn't be worried about things that weren't her responsibility.

Shouta pulled to the side of the road, cursing under his breath. If he resisted the traffic control he'd make things worse. He did get fake passports for the two of them, so everything should be fine. But every time he was using a fake ID he was nervous that he'd get found out.

He just hoped that Y/N wouldn't wake up. Or that she'd wake up before the officers talked to them. She didn't even know about her fake ID yet, but if they asked her questions about it she'd have to know them. This wasn't going the way he had planned it to. Not at all. But he had no choice.

He was quickly trying to shake Y/N awake, as he was stopping the car and getting the papers out of the glovebox. Y/N seemed a little groggy and gave him a confused look. She was still sleepy as hell. God, he just hoped there was enough time to talk about all of this before...

"What's going on, Shou, why are we stopping?" she asked him and yawned. Shouta held up the papers.

"Traffic control. Here is your fake passport. Your name is Akiko Kawagano and you were born a month before your actual birthday. In case they ask." Shouta told her and handed her the passport.

"What...?" Y/N asked, looking at the passport in confusion. They were interrupted by a knock on the window.

Shouta took a deep breath and put on a smile. He hoped that Y/N would know to act naturally without him having to tell her. She was a smart girl, though. She'd be fine. Shouta rolled down his window, so the police officer could talk to him. His heart was beating out of his chest.

"Good morning, officer." he greeted the policewoman who smiled at him and Y/N and gave them a nod.

"Good morning. Traffic control. Could I see your driver's license and the vehicle papers, please?"

"Of course, Ma'am." he told her and handed her the necessary papers. She looked at them closely and then eyed up Shouta and Y/N. Y/N was still looking sleepy and confused. She glanced at Shouta.

"S- Babe... what's going on? Are we... are we in trouble?" she wanted to know. Shouta shook his head.

"No, sweetie, I'm sure it'll all be fine. It's just a routine control." he said to her glancing at the police woman. She looked at them as if she was a little suspicious, but Shouta really hoped that they would just let them go. He knew he hadn't been speeding or anything, he was careful about that.

"Could I see any ID papers for both of you?" she wanted to know. Y/N glanced at Shouta and handed the woman the fake passport. Shouta gave her his own fake passport, hoping it would all go well.

"Where are you travelling to?" she wanted to know. Y/N looked at Shouta nervously, waiting for him to answer.

"We're just doing a little road trip through the countryside. For vacation." he answered with a smile.