Happiness through Pain

Endorsi's POV

The clock kept ticking, tears falling from my eyes. A night full of dark stars shining brightly as I look at them through a window. "They're beautiful, no wonder Rachel loves them" I wipe my tears but it doesn't stop no matter how I wipe them. How can I compete with her, when you see her as a light of your life. The star in your life that shines within the darkness that you feel, how could I compare to that? I wander my eyes around the star and lay down on my bed.

A second later she fell asleep, tears fall and stops. Morning came, school time. She looks at her reflection and sighs, her eyes bugs are shown. She put on makeup and prepare herself for school. She arrive at school just in time, she sat and some greet her including Bam. She looks at her and smiles, looking at her reflection on Bam's eyes. Wishing that it was her, she knew she will never be the star of his life. Lunch came, they all had lunch together. Bam wanted to have lunch with Rachel but said that she was going to have lunch with her other friends. Shibisu went nearby her and said "You know Bam's oblivious, you know" She look at him and replied " I know, but I can't just turn myself and face him saying I love him. When I know it's not me he loves"

"You never know, what if he loves you? Just try okay? It's no harm trying" Shibisu said "Harm? No harm? How could it not have? Confessing to him means risking our friendship" Endorsi said "Bam will understand, and if he doesn't love you then find another guy who loves you as much as you love him" Shibisu said "It's your own decision whether you're going to confess or not" he added and left leaving Endorsi crying, she doesn't know what to do.

The day ended and another day to live, another day to suffer. Walking down the hall to our classroom, Bam saw her "Endorsi-san?" he said She turns around and saw him, she smiled and said "Bam? Are you alone? Where are the others? Where's Rachel?" Endorsi said "She's with her friends" Bam answered, "Where are you going?" Bam asked. "To the classroom but how about we go somewhere?" Endorsi said "Sure!" Bam said smiling.

Endorsi's POV:

I led Bam to a garden full of beautiful flowers and butterflies fluttering above them. "Wow! Endorsi-san, this place is beautiful how did you find this?" Bam said looking at the flowers "I got lost and saw this place,  it was horrible finding the way out, but I got used to it and memorized the way back" I said picking a flower and looking at him "Actually Bam, I have to something to tell you" I said as my heart beast fast as I know, he looks at me "What is it, Endorsi-san?" he said

"I—I love you..." I said

He look at me with shock shown on his face "I love you since the day I saw your braveness, your kindness, and the care you give for everyone around you. I know it's sudden and I know you love Rachel but... I just ... I Just hope that maybe you love me" I said clenching my chest "It hurts looking at you with her, but I know and wish I was her. The one you love..." I said looking down the ground waiting for him to respond, instead of reply he hug me.

.

.

.

.

"I understand why you told me if I have a feeling for someone I would tell her the same as you did," he said hugging me, what does he mean? Does he love me or not? Questions repeating in my head.
.

.

.

.

"I'm sorry"
.

.

"I'm sorry but I—I already realized that I love someone and it's not you," he said breaking the hug "I understand, I should go," I said about to walk out but I was stopped by his hands "We're still friends right? Even after this?" Bam said "Of course, I'm still your friend and will always be your friend," I said which sting my heart, the friend's word got me. He let go of my hand and I walk as fast as I could to get out from his sight, tears kept falling from my eyes. Pain struck my heart, of course, he already has someone in his heart. I already know this but—but it still hurt.

Endorsi walks fast and looks down as her tears fall, then at a flash of lightning, she bumps into someone. She wipe her tears and said "Sorry" the guy look at her, Endorsi was about to go but was stopped by the guy "Endorsi? What happened? Why are you crying?" Hatz said, Endorsi look at him and hug him, she buried her face to his chest. She cried leaving Hatz in shock, a second later he recovered from shocked and hug Endorsi's back, patting her back. "Shhh, it's alright. Whatever happened to you, it's alright. It's going to be alright" Hatz said. A minute passed and Endorsi broke the hug "Sorry, I—I didn't realize what I did" Endorsi said wiping her tears "No, it's alright. You can always go to me when you need someone to listen to you" Hatz said patting her head.

Days pass and they got closer than before, Hatz and Endorsi met under a cherry blossom. "It's beautiful," Endorsi said "Yeah, just like you," Hatz said. Endorsi looks at him with a blush on her face "Stop fooling around!" She said punching Hatz lightly, they both laugh "I'm not fooling around I'm just stating the truth" He said "Well, of course, I am beautiful" She said flipping her hair. "I have something to tell you," he said "Really? Say it," she said "I—I like you!" he said. A silence occurred between them, a silence brought by awkwardness. A minute passed Endorsi finally spoke " I... I don't know what to say... Just recently I confessed my feelings towards someone and got rejected and I don't know what to say, you help me from the pain brought by that rejection. I'm thankful that you like me, it's just I think I'm still not ready for a relationship..." Endorsi replied, Hatz look at her and wipe the tears falling from her eyes "It's alright, I'll wait for you. No matter how long, I'll be there" he said and hug her, not long after Endorsi hugged back.

She whispers
.

.

.

"Thank you"
.

.

.

.

.

.

Plenty of time passed by, three months after Hatz's confession. " I love you Hatz" Endorsi whispers, Hatz broke the hug "What?! What did you just say?" He said " I love you, I love you Hatz" hearing the words he waited for he directly kiss Endorsi, a second later he broke the kiss and said " I love you too"

[The End]