𝐿𝑦𝑟𝑒'𝑠 𝑀𝑒𝑙𝑜𝑑𝑖𝑒𝑠

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

  {just a disclaimer, This is just an imagine i have in the middle of the day. I had to write it down because i thought that it was beautiful. Please enjoy it, nonetheless of the mistakes. }

* ˚ ✦

An unknown woman approached Aether after he played his lyre.

There she was. Standing in the balcony of a house she didn't even live in. Her hair flows with the wind as she gazed upon the city of freedom. She breathed in the fresh air as she gripped on the rails. 'What a lovely night,' she thought, tucking her hands into her pockets as she leaned against the rails. Her eyes darted off when she saw a figure sitting at the fountain.

The figure she was staring at were holding a lyre awkwardly, as if it was the first time they held one. This continues for a short five minutes, and may have irked her a bit. The urges to go down and teach them how to hold a lyre was impeccable, as she is very fond of the musical instrument herself. Yet she stayed at the balcony.

But 'this' moment does not last long. As soon as they pluck the lyre's strings, she was left astounded by the sound it made. Her eyes that was supposed to be glued at the moon, now fixated at a person with blonde hair, shining in the moonlight as well as some of their chest and some parts of their body shone a color too. The sound that came from the lyre was seductive and addictive. Never have she heard this kind of music before, not even from the Anemo-wielder Vision bard.

Her body seems to be moving on its own. She hopped off the balcony, and made a soft landing so that her footsteps will be muffled. Thanks archons the balcony was not really high or she would've broke a bone or two. She approached the blonde, not close enough for them to notice nor acknowledge her presence. She stand behind the person facing their back as the braid of them sways in motion. She leaned on the fountain and carefully search for a non-wet spot before sitting on it. The melodies continue for a few 30 seconds. It was the most calming moment of her time, actually.

As it reaches the end, the blonde turned around only to find another person at the fountain. "Hello..?" He called out for the figure who's back was facing him. He heard a little hum came from the person as they turned around. Her eyes squinted at the fellow.

"You must be Aether," She began. With a big smile on her face. He knew for himself that his heart is going to be taken away from his body. "Do I know you?" He asked away. 'Was that too harsh?' He thought to himself.

"Hm, maybe you don't. I don't usually greet new people like you, y'know?"

"People like me? What do you mean?"

"Oh please, everyone knows you're from another world."

"Not really, actually."

"Really?"

"Yeah." Aether scratch the back of his head. She mouthed an 'O'. "Sorry," she added.

Aether just shook his head and smile. "Oh yea, about that, you don't need to fret, I'm not a person that will hurt people I just met just because I thought they were strong. Hihi." You added as you remembered a certain ginger at Liyue. Really, she could've died there and there, fighting that crazy man.

"..." The blonde male blinked as he remember the same person.

"Not much of a talker, are you?" She chuckled and approached him. Aether was still standing eyeing the woman with much suspicion. "What do you need from me?" Aether asked, taking a step back as she took one step towards him.

"Nothing, really." He raised his eyebrow at her. "I'm being honest. I was stargazing at a balcony nearby before hearing you playing the lyre. It was melodic really. Quite enjoyable for me." She pointed at the balcony before crossing her arms.

"I see..."

There you go, a painful silence between the two of you created beautifully.

"I didn't introduce myself yet, did I?" She sighed, facepalmed herself.

"No, you didn't." He said.

"Well then, let me introduce myself.." She looked at Aether dead in the eye before continuing. "I'm Y/n. Just call me Y/n. I'm a traveler from...a far place. Looking for something interesting."

She held out a hand. Her eyes were closed from the smiling she did. With hesitation, he took her hand and shook it lightly. "Aether...a traveler."

"Oh! A fellow traveler, I see~"

"I guess,"

"But you're not an ordinary traveler, are you?" She pulled his hand, closing the gap between them while eyeing his glowing pad on his chest and back to his golden eyes. Impulse, he tugged his hand and retreated from the position they're in.

"Sorry, it was my curiosity speaking. Hehe." She said winking at the said traveler. She did notice that Aether was muttering something under his breath while hiding his surprised yet flustered face.

"Ah,"

"You're that traveler that is searching for his lost twin sister, right?" Aether flinched.

"I never said anything about her being my twin." He scowled. Beginning to suspect her more, he sheathed his sword.

"WOAH, no need to begin a fight now!" She jumped backwards on impulse. "True, but I'm just guessing, I don't know it was true." She pressed her words while steadied herself and fold her arms to her chest. 'This man needs to chill. Smh'

"...sorry." He said unsheathing his sword while rubbing the back of his head. She rolled her eyes and shook her head. Aether was surprised at her reaction. Clearly confused, actually.

"It happens all the time." This go unheard by the blonde fellow. "Yet, it's not your fault. It's fine." She brushed it off as she sat down at the fountain's edges. His eyes glued at the woman's movement. Free, is what he had in mind.

"Hm." He said before sitting beside her, still far enough to prevent any incidents from happening. Especially towards him.

"I usually saw you and your little companion, walking around Mondstadt, doing errands for people here and there." She said playing with the hem of her clothes.

"...it's just a coincidences."

"Well, coincidence or not, you're making them relying on you. Even the Knights of Favonius. Even the Milleliths." She said extending her legs to stretch it out.

"The Milleliths?"

"I'm a traveler too, of course I've been to Liyue. For sure, I've heard the news about an outlander defeating Osial, the god of—I don't remember what but he used to be friends with Rex Lapis that turned into foes. Quite alarming when I heard the Jade Chamber has fallen actually." He widen his eyes at every words she spoke. It's as if she knew everything, the one that people wasn't supposed to know and the one that no one knows.

"I think I speak too much—oh, look at that. It's nearly 2AM, I need to go." She said before standing up and dusting her clothes. She turned towards the surprised blonde and smile.

"Will we meet again...fellow traveler?" She asked before retreating towards an inn.