Chapter I : The book

"𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐫 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞."

― 𝐀𝐛𝐡𝐢𝐣𝐢𝐭 𝐍𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐚𝐫, 𝐀ş𝐤𝐚𝐧𝐣𝐚𝐥𝐢: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐮𝐟𝐢 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐨𝐧

WE all love our childhood, don't we? We were carefree, had no problems to worry about

WE all love our childhood, don't we? We were carefree, had no problems to worry about. But I hated my childhood. Growing up in an orphanage where people treated you like shit, was tough for 6 year old me to handle. Watching your fellow orphans get new parents but having no one look at you even once, was hard. Why would they? Why would people want a weird girl who always looked lost in her own world? Why would they want a crazy girl who lies about seeing inhuman things? I wished I died along with my parents.

I stopped. I stopped trying to act normal. I stopped trying to smile to show people I was happy. Because I am not. I am neither normal nor happy. There was a time, I wished there was someone who could make me happy. Now, I just gave up. I don't want people's acceptance anymore. It's not like I ever got it in the first place. I just want to know who am I? What's wrong with me?

I finally decided that I am going to talk to the creatures that I can see from the past 23 years of my life, instead of ignoring them. Maybe they can help me. With a newfound determination, I woke up early today and went out for a jog. I kept looking around me to see whether there was any weird creature but unfortunately I did not find anyone. I sighed and jogged for another half an hour. I saw a bench and started walking towards it but suddenly I saw something pink and bright flying in the air.

Finally.

I didn't know how to talk to them so I just awkwardly lifted my right hand and waved. I could see an old woman passing by me giving weird looks, probably wondering who the hell am I waving at. That bright and pink creature flew down and stood before me. He looked glittering, to say the least.

"Umm..hey?"

He did not say anything. He was just staring at me. Is he mute? Does he even speak English?

"Who are you?" I asked expecting an answer. He just stared at me again without answering anything. He can hear me. Then why isn't he answering me? I sighed. I didn't know talking to them was this tough.

"At least answer this question, please.....Do you know me?"

As soon as I asked the question, his head turned towards me and stared deep into my eyes.

I waved my hands in front of his face to gain his attention. The way he was staring at me was weird.

After a few seconds of staring, he finally smiled and gestured me to follow him. I frowned but started following him.