• PROLOGUE •

"Imagine, and it shall be.
There are no limits.⁠⁠⁠⁠"
― Evelyn Skye, The Crown's Game

"Let's see if you guys leave alive," Roxanne laughed maniacally

She looked up at the sky and closed her eyes, muttering something in Latin.

Black and orange mist formed around us, we all shielded our face with our hands.

We opened our eyes slowly to look at a giant dragon.

Oh.My.God.

This is it. This is when I die. Rest In Peace, Eirene.

The dragon slowly walked towards us like a predator walking towards its prey.

Terence caught hold of my hand, and stood in front of me.

I looked at Zephyr and Nephele, who were looking at the limbs of the dragon.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at it's forelimbs, they seemed like a normal dragon's limbs. Why are they staring at it like that?

"Why are you guys looking at it's limbs?" I questioned out.

Terence frowned and looked at the monster's feet.

He raised his eyebrows and laughed.

Nephele and Zephyr looked relieved.

"There are no footprints," Terence answered looking at my confusion.

I looked back at it's feet and there were really no footprints.

The realisation clicked in.

"Is the dragon an illusion? Like a hologram?" I asked them.

Terence and Zephyr frowned hearing hologram.

"Yes. Powerful witches can create illusions which look like holograms but much more realistic," Nephele answered.

"On the count of three, let us all walk through the dragon," Zephyr said.

I gulped.

The dragon barked out fire.

"Don't be scared. It's an illusion," Terence said holding my hand tightly.

"1,"

We all took one step forward.

"2,"

Second step.

"3,"

I closed my eyes and ran through the dragon.

I opened my eyes and looked back. The dragon was still facing where we previously stood, blowing out fake fireballs.

I almost laughed out. I looked to my side to see Zephyr, Nephele and Terence sighing in relief.

"The woman escaped," Zephyr growled out.

"We will find her. We have to find her," Terence answered.

I nodded and Nephele remained silent, staring down.

We looked down, from the mountains. The sun was setting, the sky was tranquil and gorgeous. I looked at my hand which was entwined with Terence's hand. I squeezed it and he looked at me.

He gave a small smile. A smile that held many promises. A smile that gave me hope. A smile that I am surviving for.

A/N : Hello Everyone,

Hope you liked the prologue.

With love,
loveishatedbyme & astral_being_