A Helping Hand

I said one week earlier for the beginning of this but it's been a couple..also, Cookie better get Boo Boo Kitty before I do.

"I want to sign up for the committee to help prepare for the Winter Formal." I told the cheerleader Gigi Hernandez. She was at the table sitting in her white, black and gold uniform and her brunette hair in a cheerleader pony tail where tickets were being sold and looked up. "Naomi? I thought going to the dance was your like life long dream."

I took the seat next to her and watched as a couple came and purchased two tickets. "Yeah well, that got stomped on real quick. I still want to be involved in it though." Chances are I'll end up dateless so might as well do something. Also, it'll get my mind off of Stephan. Tom brought Teddy over to my house hours after the ordeal and he was pretty spooked. He didn't say why though but he was petrified. "Why, Kuyler shoot you down?" I chuckled. If only she knew.

"Quite the opposite actually." She gasped accidentally dropping a couples tickets before promptly apologizing and getting them new ones. "Kuyler Davies. Captain of the Varsity Lacrosse team asked you and you turned him down?" I just looked down awkwardly at my feet. "Pigs must be freaking flying, thought you in love with him. What about that bad boy Stephan Pezzementi was it?" I nodded but didn't know what to say. I didn't know what happened.

"That's just the thing, he was a bad boy. I was Naomi, we were too different and he lost interest. It's best to move on." I lied. I didn't move on, because I didn't want to get over Stephan like how I did Kuyler. Mostly because I couldn't, its been days since we last talked but I was still convinced there was something between us.

"Well, there are plenty of other boys my darling. You just happened to pick the wrong ones." She told me light heartedly and I smiled. She was wrong though, I don't think they liking Kuyler was wrong. Liking him made me realize how much I didn't really like him..ok I'm confusing myself.

The same with Stephan too. I don't think he's the wrong one, but there is a serious issue that is making it seem that way.

"Anyways, are you still denying cheer leading?" I moaped and slid down in the seat. I told her I wasn't doing it!

"No Gigi, you're always trying to force me to cheer leading. I'm ass." She nudged my side. "Dude, I'm head cheerleader. I know who sucks and its Iris who is at the bottom of the pyramid for a reason." I glared, she only put Iris there because she apparently caught her and her boyfriend Harris sleeping together.

"Please! Naomi! I'll let you on the committee if you hand out flyers in the uniform and and cheer at the game the day before the dance." What!? This wasn't a negotiation.

"All I want is to contribute to society and you're bribing me, I don't have to help out you know." I crossed my arms and turned up my nose like I ran something and had control of the situation. "Yeah, that's true but I know how much you want to at least get a peak at what we're doing for the Winter formal~ c'mon..I know you waaant to. Come cheer with us Naomi." Gigi said in that creepy voice like the twins from the Shining.

She has me by the balls now doesn't she?

"Fine." She screamed making people look over and I cover my ears and hide under the table. "Finally! I've been trying to recruit you to the team since Freshman year" She took a deep breath. "-And now, I have you right were I want you. You wear a small right?"

I picked my head up and nodded with tears in my eyes. Gigi just smirked. "Perfect." She said menacingly.

*

"Well don't you just look adorable!" Gigi spun my form around in the girls locker room mirror. This was a day I thought would never come, I don't want to be a cheerleader but I don't want to go to the dance without a purpose either. It was a winter uniform so it was a tight fit turtle neck that hugged my hips. The laced gold shimmered and I knew Gigi was having fun.