Bad encounters

Dragon POV (first person)

Luffy was having an absolute riot, several marines would run at him and he would gleefully punch them away. The whole time a huge toothy smile was sat on his face.

I wish I could say the same. Hey, I like a good fight as much as the next guy, but my messed up left hand clearly did not. Any kind of movement would send jolts of sharp pain up my arm, even when I had tucked it close to my chest it still burned. My kicks were doing the job of keeping the enemy at bay and it's not like the marine soldiers really took much to defeat. Still, I would rather not fight at all at this point.

The ship we were on was sinking, the iceberg Kuzan had summoned had smashed though the bottom of the vessel. What a stupid move, he clearly hadn't thought it through first! We were in luck, there were still three warships surrounding the drowning boat we were on. Only problem was that it seemed to be almost impossible to actually reach another one, because a wave of marines that hadn't fainted in the clash of Conquerors haki were blocking our escape route.

Obviously they believed we were less of a threat then the battle that was being waged by the old fart and the person he was fending off. I had no clue who it was. I could hear loud battle cries from the furthest warship from ours, the clashing of weapons and cannon fire was a constant in the background. I don't know why I hadn't heard the cannons before, they were ear splitting and yet when we were below deck... I guess it didn't matter.

Another soldier flew at me sword raised above his head, I blocked it with my boot and shoved him away.

Why can't they go help with the clearly more dangerous battle over there and not bother with us.

Avoiding a gunshot, I hurled a kick at the assailant, sending him over board. Another sword was swung at my neck, ducking last minute, I sprang towards the unfortunate marine, head butting him in the collar bone.

"Urrrk, they're everywhere!"

Normally I wasn't whiny person, but this was getting ridiculous!

At this moment I wished I had taken the old man's offer to teach me to use Conquerors haki. I knew I had that kind of power, I'd used it twice before, granted both times I'd almost died, still, it would be helpful in this situation.

Hang on didn't Luffy say he had used it to knock out the guard 's below deck?

"Oi Luffy!"

The boy glanced towards me, he had several unfortunate souls in a death grip, his arms were wrapped around them like two iron snakes. He threw them away in favour of running towards me, grin still firmly on.

"Dra-guy what's wrong?"

I elbowed a man in the ribs as he was about to bring down a mallet aimed at my back. He crumpled. I grimaced as a shiver of pain travelled up my spine and down my bloody arm.

"Can you knock em out with your Conquerors haki?"

Luffy crossed his arms over his bandaged chest, stepping aside as an axe wielding maniac swung at him. He kicked him in the neck mindlessly.

"Nah, can't their wills are too strong. If they didn't go down when the first clash of haki hit, then mine wouldn't be very useful"