Dragon's pain

Dragon's POV

I was in a state of slow building panic, Luffy and I were between two very dangerous individuals. One of them was pissed off, a black aura of rage was wrapped around him, fists ready to deliver a great deal of pain. The other was literally the strongest man alive and we had our backs against his leg. If Whitebeard attacked us now we would be dead, we would not be able to escape at such a close range. All he needed to do was kick us... we would be dead. I had heard stories that this man possessed the most powerful Paramecia type devil fruit in the known world. One that could destroy said world.

Me and Luffy were going to die.

"Old guy?"

Luffy blurted out. I could have hit him then and there, but I was too shaken to even say anything.

 I could have hit him then and there, but I was too shaken to even say anything

Is he trying to get us to die quicker?

The boy was looking up a the yonko with wide steady eyes, they didn't look afraid, they were instead filled with suprise. Then Luffy smiled, turning to me with the most matter a fact voice and announced.

"Don't worry, this guy is good. We should probably run away from Gramps though."

He grabbed me by the scruff of my shirt, barely aware that we were running. I was still too shocked to register what had just happened.

I heard a loud booming laugh behind us.

We were alive?

Then I realized that we might not be for long, the old fart was charging at us and he looked somehow even angrier then before. My instincts finally kicked into overdrive. I no longer needed to be dragged along, I was running for my life, I needed getting away from that insane old man!

We still need to escape. If he catches us we'll never see the light of day again.

Luffy's POV (3rd person)

Ace's captain was alive! Not alot of stuff happened to surprise Luffy. Most 'shocking' things rolled right off the Straw-hat Captain.

But this did bother the boy. Whitebeard had died during the Marineford war, he remembered being somewhat saddened when Rayleigh had told him. More so because of Ace liking the old man then Luffy knowing him.

That being said, that was probably one of the only reasons Luffy had even remembered Whitebeard at all and the fact that the old captain had been unbelievably strong.

The fact that Luffy had even recognized him at all was a miracle all in itself, that was because of two things:

He was very big.