Going forward

Dragon's POV

I couldn't believe this mess... I leave Luffy alone for training for an hour and I come back to find half the ship destroyed.

Then I found out that it was only partially Luffy's fault, the other was culprit was Whitebeard. A supposedly responsible adult.

At this point I wasn't even that surprised. Just slightly stunned at their stupidity, I mean having an actual fight on a ship was just a bad idea, especially when those people had such destructive devil fruit powers.

I shook my head, initially I'd been sat in this bar, drinking coffee, which by the way was by far my favourite drink now. I'd been minding my own business, talking to a couple of the Yonko's crew, actually having a somewhat ordinary conversation, when the ship shook. We thought we were under attack, but no it was Luffy and the old man having a fight.

I thought they were meant to be training, according to the apprentices that's what it started out as. Until Luffy challenged Whitebeard, who, for some God damn reason accepted and then it slowly dissolved into whatever it became.

When we ran onto the top deck, we were met with destruction. Holes in the floor, several beams had been damaged and in the middle of it all was my dumb kid having a lecture from Whitebeard?

They were sat in the middle of the chaos, Luffy was trying and failing to punch the old man in the face, who had gotten the boy into a head lock and was pulling away at his rubber cheek. Honestly it didn't seem to be actually hurting him.

Then Atmos came storming over, I hadn't pegged the man for being the outraged sort. I was quickly proved wrong.

He laid into them, bad. Once again Whitebeard seem to actually listen to what he had to say. I really needed to know how he did that. Then again, the woman also got her word in too, only she wasn't nearly as nice. She seemed to have no problem swearing her face off, again, Whitebeard took note of her as well.

Maybe I needed to yell at the old man for him to listen to me, somehow I doubted that would work either. I dont think that it had anything to do with what they said, but rather who it was saying it.

He clearly thought alot of them, when I say that, I think that they had his respect. He respected them, he respected their opinions and would take them into consideration.

Then that meant that he didn't respect my opinion. Though I wasn't sure if that's what it it was either.

Because for some reason, he had accepted to train Luffy or whatever it was, he had taken in what he had to say. Luffy, the most reckless and irresponsible person I knew.

Why? I didn't get it. Add that to the pile of things I don't understand about the man.

All I knew was that it annoyed me.

Though as I looked Luffy up and down for any bad injuries, there were none, well nothing overly serious anyway. A couple of scuffs here and there, some light cuts. Also, he wasn't dripping wet, which meant at no point had he been chucked overboard. That made me relax a little bit, so the old man had kept his word.

I took a deep slow breath, regarding the scene before me, the one sided argument had ended, it seemed as though Luffy and Whitebeard had to fix their own mess with the shipwright's supervision.