Bow (AV)

Word count 1.9k

Warning- Implied sexual assault, violence and blood

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

【Location: Undiscovered Hydra Base - The Alps 】

Polished, shiny black boots echoed along the marbled floor in confident strides as a smaller pair, in brown leather, scurried beside them.

The lights over head flickered as the two men walked down the cold window less corridor.

"She's been showing amazing, tremendous, improvement" the man in the brown shoes squeaked out as he pushed his large rounded glasses up the bridge of his nose, hugging a clipboard to his lab coat covered chest.

A satisfied hum came from his taller, more confident counterpart. The man walked with his hands clasped behind his back.

He wore a tailored black suit with a small pin featuring a red skull on the left lapel.

"And the boy? Did he recover?" He asked, raising an eyebrow as the small man swallowed.

"I'm sorry sir, we tried everything to subtlise him but we lost him in the night. The burns were to great" the man in the glasses hugged the clipboard closer, terror clear in his hazel eyes.

A sudden flash of anger crossed the taller man's face before he seemed to calm.

"We started with five. Now we only have one" he said calmly "we must not lose the girl"

They stopped in front of a rusted metal door with tiny square window. The door had a large yellow warning sign, instructing 'no unauthorised personnel'

Inside held a young girl, around the age of 5 curled up on the hard, metal bed with a scratchy worn blanket and a thin pillow. Her breaths formed in clouds as the room was so cold and a tear rolled down her cheek. Her little arms and legs, bandaged tight.

۵ ۵ ۵ ۵

'CODE RED, CODE RED'

An AI's voice rang through the building as alarms blared and warning lights flashed.

The window less corridor was lit by only the red warning lights as a thermostat panel beside the heavy metal door sparked. The bar to indicate heat was filled to the top and flashing with a high pitched squeal.

The metal door creaked and groaned as a  bulge warped in it's centre.

A woman's angry cry could be heard from behind the door as agents rounded the corner.

The heavy metal door suddenly flew off it's hinges, flying down the corridor, colliding into the agents as it was engulfed in flames.

Blood and ash splatted on a marble floor and walls.

"She's out! Asset is out of containment!" One cried into his comms "Sprinklers! Now!"

The sprinklers on the ceiling whirled to life before raining down.

From the smoke and flames in the door way, a young woman emerged. Her hair covered her face as she hunched over, breathing heavily.

She wore a tattered off-white grey smock, now dotted with shinged patches which was torn open on one side. Her feet were bare and covered in ash as her arms and legs were littered with scars.

Behind her slumped against the wall of the tiny cell like room was the chard remains of a body.

She played with a red pin in the palm of her hand, staring intensely at it before lifting her head as she could hear more agents on thier way.