Chapter 12 - Lane (Week 8)

"Venice, Italy. The City of Water," I say, climbing out of the plane onto the hotel's rooftop, soaking in the feeling of peace. Ellie made me promise to get her a glass dolphin from here, which is the other thing Italy is known for. Glass-blowing.

"We're in Italy? I've wanted to go here since I was a little girl," Lyanna says to one of the other girls as they all walk off the plane. They split us into our groups, so we are all staying in different hotels, and I'm sure I will find somewhere closed off from the girls to get away at some point this week. Taking my bag from one of the staff, Rayna hands me a key and I find my room which is on the top floor, and open it to see a comfy bed that is begging for me to lay in it. Hearing the ringtone I've set for Beckham, I pick up the phone and realize all the guys are on the line.

"Who else is not liking the plan of us being in different hotels?" Theo asks, and we all jump in to agree with his statement. Three years of being on the road and sleeping in the tour bus or at hotels really grew us closer to each other so much that we don't enjoy being apart for long.

"It's just two weeks though. Then we'll all be under the same roof," Beckham rationalizes. Except it's two weeks.

"Except, two weeks. I'm not doing that. You guys want to meet up sometime tomorrow if we don't have much going on?" Hayden offers, and we all agree to text each other once we know what's going on. Alright. Now, I should find one of the girls and take them out, since the food is soooo good. I mean, they ruined any chance of me eating any "Italian" food back at home. Except mom's macaroni and cheese. That is the best thing I've ever eaten.

"Lane? Get out of bed and come see the girls." Rayna yells into my room, and I wonder who is managing the other four guys. Probably some of the producers. I pity them because Theo won't get up for jack squat if you don't use the right persuasion.

"Coming. I was thinking about taking one of the girls out for dinner." I get out of bed and open the door to see Rayna dressed in shorts for like the first time ever. "That's new."

"I am relaxing on this trip. It's my first vacation in three years, so no calling me unless it's an absolute emergency. Quincy will be in my place for the next two weeks. See ya." Good for you, Rayna. Heading downstairs, I walk to a random door and knock on it, asking whomever is in there if they want to go to dinner with me. It's pretty late, almost nine o'clock at night, but I am craving real pizza.

"Sure. Sounds good to me." Skyler, who seems like a sweet girl, grabs her shoes, and follows me outside.

"How much do you like pizza?" I ask, and she just grins. Good. Walking to one of my favorite spots I remember from a tour we had a year and a half ago, we sit down and the little restaurant's owner remembers me from when the guys and I came in at midnight begging for pizza.

"Ah yes. One of ze midnight boys. What kind of pizza do you and the preety lady want?" He asks, a smile spread across his face.

"You guys came here before?" Skyler smiles, a silent laugh ringing in her body.

"Last time we came, we showed up at midnight begging for pizza," I remember how idiotic we all acted back then. "You want a margherita pizza?"

"Sure." Giovanno, the owner, nods, getting our order in and a couple of waters for the two of us. We spend at least an hour just talking and eating the pizza which is as good as I remember, enjoying the peaceful night. Skyler's alright, but I can't get her to talk about anything deeper than the surface.

"What did you think of the pizza?" I ask, just as we're leaving the tiny restaurant.

"It was amazing! I don't think I can ever eat pizza again," She says, and after ten minutes of talking about our favorite foods, we are back at the hotel.

"You better get some sleep," I recommend, and she nods, both of us walking to her room and as I leave her, she leaves a genuine kiss on my cheek. The other kisses I've gotten were just to see who could get my first kiss. And, luckily, no one did.

"Thanks." She blushes, closing her door, and I head to my room, crashing the moment my body lands on the bed.

The week goes by in a blur, with six dates scattered across the city of water. I still made time to see the guys and get Elle a glass dolphin and a gift for whomever I choose at the end of this. It was a special request since they don't make what I was looking for, but with connections and a few extra dollars, I got it specially made for the end of the show. My six dates went well, each girl kind and excited to see the city. I went on a couple gondola rides, walked through the city, and went to a few restaurants. With only three weeks until the second elimination round, I have to start making decisions on who I want to eliminate. A hard decision. There are seventeen amazing girls here, but I am expected to know who I want to get rid of.

"If I don't know where to go

I know I'll never lose hope

The stars are always up above

To guide me to the one I'm supposed to love

Oh, oh

I wish I knew

Why fate brought me to you

I pray to the stars

That I'm the one for you

And if I'm not

Let me realize

The stars are all I got

Ooh, ooh, ooh

The stars are all I got" That's the voice that has been in my head for six weeks. If she's here, then that must mean she's in my group. But, who is it? Opening the door to their living room, I finally reveal who my mystery girl is.

She's gone.