Chapter 6: Closing In

Korra's POV

Ok so after learning metalbending, watching Su and Lin fight, and seeing (Y/N) become a moderately good teacher to Jasper and Opal, our time in the metal city has been amazing, minus the fighting and arguing. I walk into my shared room with (Y/N) and she's in the middle of meditating, she's filled me in on her connection with her father and she wants to try and track him so he doesn't find us. (Y/N) soon wakes up from her trance in a sweat and her face looks worried and anxious. I could tell her breathing started to pick up and I kneel down to her. "(Y/N) look at me ok. You're fine, we're safe, I'm safe ok." I say holding her shoulders and she tackles me into a desperate hug. "We have to go soon, Zaheer looked for you in Republic City, he sensed me searching, he might know where we are now." She rambles on but I cut her off with a kiss. "We're a few days, maybe even a week ahead of him. I know you're worried but just a few more days to get Opal and Jasper ready to go to the air temple, plus you can watch me learn how to metalbend. Let's look on the bright side and try to live in this peaceful little bubble." I say and she nods. "You're right, I'm stressed. I'm gonna go train and take my mind off everything." She says trying to walk off but I grab her hand. "I was actually hoping I could help with that. We barely get a moment alone. Only if you want to?" I tell her while raising an eyebrow and her face goes red. She nods and wraps her arms around my neck and kisses me deeply and roughly. My hand slither down to her waist and I pull her closer. She pushes me to the bed and straddles my lap to continue our little makeout session until there was a knock at the door. I ask who it is and it's Lin asking to talk to (Y/N) and my girlfriend places her forehead on mine and says, "We'll continue this later." And she gets up and leaves. Great.

(Y/N)'s POV

"I wanted to talk to you about your father." Lin tells me. And urges me to train more because if he's anything like we think he'll want to fight me one on one eventually. "Lin, I'll be fine. I haven't had my airbending long but I do know that before then I was pretty good at kicking everyone's butt." I reassure her and go off to find Korra but find her practicing her metal bending. So much for that moment alone.

(timeskip)

While learning Asami and Liane are becoming a thing and Bolin has caught feelings for Jasper, I've been teaching Opal and Jasper some more basics. I honestly surprised myself, I guess living in this little bubble wasn't so bad but tonight is the twins farewell dinner so it'll be back to running from my father, hopefully he's nowhere near here but I have a bad feeling. At the dinner I'm chatting to Liane about going back to Republic City while I stay with Korra and Asami agrees with me that it will be safer for her. Bolin is sad because Jasper and Opal are leaving, more because of Jasper but I don't point that out, Mako is sulking on the other side of the table because he's not with his friends and he has no one giving him attention. It's chaotic but peaceful like we're all a big family, if only this feeling could stay a little long. Su gives her farewell speech about her youngest children and later we're outside seeing them off then heading off to bed. Later in the night I was having trouble falling asleep so I just cuddled closer to Korra but then I heard Naga growl and drop me and Korra shoot up and go to attack but a dart is fired at her and me. I dodge the one aimed at me and blow my father back But another woman detains me. "Funny you look just like your mother." She says and it makes me struggle more. They run outside with us and Bolin and Mako run to attack. Mako's fire is just enough for me to break from my binds and I separate from my captors. Mako and Bolin are blown away while Phi Li goes to attack me next but I grab my staff. One of the guards separated my father from his friends. "Move! He's mine." I say in anger. "I must say child your reputation is greater than I expected." He says and goes to attack but I dodge him. "Yeah well who knows, maybe you've met your maker." I say and charge then slide. He goes over me while I go under and we attack at the same time, throwing each other back. I see Lin grab Korra and my anger falters but it turns into rage when my father says, "In bed with the Avatar, a disgrace to my belief, this is not how I hoped you'd be." And I attack again and stare him down, his eyes widen, mine must be glowing white. "You lost the right to hope for anything, when you left me as a baby." I attack him again and he flies off on his glider to capture Korra again. And I chase after him on my glider and attack but his friends are making me fail at my aim since they attack from below. Su cuts holes in his glider while I push him down further. He lands down and disappears in the smoke of the lava.

Korra gains her movement back and immediately looks to me. "The guards, it had to have been one of them." I suggest. Whoever gave my father and his crew info is not only gonna have to deal with Suyin. Guard after guard we question, we even questioned Varrick, as well as Su because of Lin's pettiness. Not a single lead until Aiwei told us a young guard was lying but he denied it all. We check his apartment and all evidence points to him. But to me it doesn't make sense, he's around my age he wouldn't even know who they are. It wasn't until later when Varrick suggested the work of conspiracy and it would make sense if Aiwei is the one that framed the young guard. We make our way to Aiwei's place and look for evidence. I notice scuff marks and Mako and Bolin help me pull it apart and we see a passageway, this has to be how Zaheer got in and out of the city. Aiwei was about to return so we quickly covered everything we'd discovered and after he came in, Korra made a more truthful statement that the humorous one Bolin first told him. We tried to answer his questions without giving away our suspicions but it was too late he had escaped and placed a bomb in his house in hopes of destroying the evidence. Luckily, me and Korra had protected Asami, Bolin, and Mako. Later in the night we waited for the guards to come back and tell us where Aiwei could have gone. Korra and Lin get into an argument on if we should chase after them or not. "ENOUGH!" I yell and everyone turns to me. "I may have only fought him once but he knows of my power and I know of his, Korra he knows about Tula, he'll be after me too. So I think I should chase after him, it'll give him satisfaction and maybe he'll back off long enough for you guys to capture him." I say and Korra and Lin immediately shut my idea down. "Are you insane? He could kill you." She says. "He wouldn't if fact he might want me to join him in his cause. Phi Li however I felt her hatred for me maybe because of who my mother was but I think it could be good or at least let me track down Aiwei." I tell them. Su urges us to listen to Lin and me and Korra do. As we wait to head to Republic City Korra talks to me. "I'm so sorry I wasn't there." She said holding my hand tighter. "I saw Phi Li capture you when I was down and I wanted to help you." I squeeze her to get her to stop talking. "It's ok, seeing him for the first time made me realize that you Korra are someone who will never leave me, you'll hope for the best as we grow together and that is something my father doesn't understand." I say and kiss her cheek. Su then comes in and gives us keys to a jeep so we find Aiwei and bring him back to her. Just the action I was looking for.

(A/N): Enjoy the chapter things are starting to pick up and I'm excited.