Chapter 8: Decisions, Decisions

(Y/N)'s POV

After a long day of being captured by the Queens goons and escaping our restraints along with being stranded in the desert with said goons it had come to my realization that Mako and Bolin were captured by my father and the rest of the Red Lotus, now with the Earth Queen taken out there's nothing stopping my father from completing his mission but Korra and me. The next morning there was plenty of commotion outside and Korra and Asami run to see Mako and Bolin alive and well the rest go in but I just stay inside. The thought of my father and how he felt about me lingers, he says I'm the future yet I can't even comprehend why I of all people was bestowed this power. In some way he has to be lying. He doesn't care about my potential and can't show humanity and give me false hope, he can't convince me that he cares that he could even love me. Moments later the whole crew comes in and informs me of my father's ultimatum. In order to stop him from wiping out the new air nation me and Korra had to turn ourselves over. "No way, it's a trap it has to be." I speak to the group. Korra silently agrees but we all discuss a way to radio Tenzin and warn him, hopefully we won't be too late by the time we get to Zafou.

Korra's POV

Ever since our talk with Zaheer (Y/N)'s been becoming more closed off I wonder what's going through her head, probably everything I mean it's not everyday your dad turns out to be an anti-government crazed man, hunting not only you but your girlfriend and friends as well. I can't lie there have been moments where I thought (Y/N) would be better off if I hadn't dragged her into all of this but I can't see my life without her so we're stuck with each other until the end. I walk into a room I thought I found her in and as I walk in she doesn't even hear me. She's too focused on the butterfly knife in her hand, performing flips with the weapon with just one motion seemed peaceful to her yet her furrowed eyebrows indicated she was in deep thought. I open my mouth to speak and she stops her flips and tricks with the knife and closes it. "Yes, Korra." She speaks dryly as if her emotion was gone. "I'm worried, I know everything is happening all at once and it's too fast to keep up and after what your father said-" I started and sat next to her but she stopped me. "He's not my father. He didn't create me or raise me, I had to do that, I had to learn on my own, little to no friends, little to no hope." She whispered and I gently took her hand and her breath hitches. "Your right I'm sorry but what I'm trying to say is don't let him in, don't show him that you believe his helpless cries to get you to finish what someone else started, don't give him a single hint that the potential he sees is for him to bend against your will, You're in control." I tell her and softly lay her head on my shoulder. I feel her hold my hand tighter and I take a leap here and tell her, "Let it out, however you deem fit and I'll be here to help you." Suddenly I feel her soft lips on mine but the things I feel from this kiss are anger, passion, hunger. I groan for a sec trying to talk. "Just shut up for a sec ok babe?" She asks me and I nod feeling the heat rise higher on my face. Her cold hands go under my shirt caressing my toned stomach the more her hands wonder the more I know she's craving but all of a sudden she stops and we're both left breathing heavier than normal. "What was that for?" I ask out of breath. "For what's waiting when you come back to me." She says equally out of breath and my eyes widen. Did she mean what I think she meant? "What do you mean we're turning both of us over to Zaheer right?" I ask her. "I mean that I have a plan but that all depends on if we warn Tenzin in time along with if they win the fight to come." She says tapping my cheek and about to walk out but stops at the door frame. "You might wanna splash yourself with some cold water baby, you seem flustered." She said to me then finally exiting the room. What she does to me shouldn't be this effective.

We finally get to Zafou and radio Tenzin but no one was answering by the time we finally get ahold of him he tells us Zaheer was already there and we were too late. 

(A/N): So sorry it's almost been a month but I'm almost done with this book then it's on to the next one to be honest I might just continue season 4 into this book to save the time let me know what you think but yeah hope you enjoy and try to guess what happens to (Y/N) at the end of season 3.