~Chapter One: Let's Play a Game~

It had officially been three months since you had transferred to Hyakkou Private Academy. You were quite skilled in the art of gambling but you never challenged anyone to a match. As you walked through the bustling hallway, you smiled to yourself. Ryota Suzui was preoccupied with some classmates.

When they finally parted ways you quickly walked up to him. "Hey Ryota Senpai!",you greet him. "Hi (y/n), what do you need?", he replied smiling. "I would like to challenge you to a duel after school" you explained to the brunette. "U-um I...", he paused, very flustered. Ryota knew that if he decided to decline your offer, he would be chastised by the entire class; because at Hyakkou Private Academy no was never an option. "I-I'm not the best gambler but I'll give it a shot", he replied; his face beet red. "Okay! Meet me at the bench by the B wing after school then", you informed him as you headed into the classroom.

After class ended you sat on a bench nearby and waited. Thirty minutes passed and you wondered if Ryota had bailed or if he had forgotten about the game. Two minutes later you felt a gentle tap on your shoulder, it was Ryota. He was breathing sharply and a little sweaty. "S-sorry for making you wait", he apologized. "It's alright", you reassured him, "did you run all the way here?" "Yeah I had to send some papers to the office", he explained, very flushed. "Would you like to play Blackjack or War?", you asked him. "War umm...sounds good", he replied nervously.

You two headed to an abandoned club room, where your match would begin. You pulled a brand new deck out out of your bag and started to take off the film. Some of the cards were stuck to eachother since the deck was new. Shuffling was quite the challenge since the cards were stiff but you eventually managed to do so. Then, you quickly dealt twenty six cards each. "How much would you like to bet", you asked him. "8,673 yen I guess" the second year replied. On the count of three you two flipped over your cards. You both had jacks so you two drew three more cards from your hands. On the count of three you and Ryota flipped over your cards once more. You had flipped over a five of diamonds and he had a five of spades. So you both drew once more and flipped over the third card. You both put down twos. You picked up three more cards each, and the count of three you both flipped over your third card. "One...two...three!", you both yelled. Your card was a king of trump and his was a two of hearts. Ryota gasped. You quickly picked up the pile while grinning from ear to ear. You didn't have a poker face but neither did Mary, and she was an avid gambler.

The game continued for an hour and a half until you were finally victorious. The sum of money that Ryota owes you had added up to a total of 934,055.50 yen. "Well Ryota you know what this means", you teased him while smiling smugly. He sighed,"I won't ever be able to pay off this debt." "Well not with that attitude",you chuckled, "now let's go my pet~"you tugged on his sleeve while walking with him. Flustered, Ryota pulled away. You frowned. After arriving to the cross walked you both waved and part ways. "Bye Ryota! See you at school tomorrow!!!", you beamed. "S-see you too", he replied. "Wait (y/n)..."

~To be continued~