author's note | before we begin

» • summary • «

Agreeing to fake being in a relationship with someone is never a good idea, but especially if the guy has a troubled past and is handsome as heck, and also happens to have a sweet little girl that may or may not have stolen your heart at first sight. Bonus points if your life is enough of a wreck already, without throwing in a complicated relationship that ends up being a lot more than just a convenient bargain that's supposed to solve both his and your problems.

» • disclaimer • «

I do not own Ninjago, the Love Comes Softly  books/movies, or the Sarah, Plain and Tall books/movies- I'm simply borrowing some of the characters and ideas for my own little story, as well as basing some plot elements after the book/movies mentioned above. I can, however take credit for this book, and everything in here is my own original content, so I would ask that you please do not steal or use any of it without my express permission.

» • dedication • «

To me it is impossible to begin any sort of Ninjago x Reader, though especially a Lloyd Garmadon x Reader without first dedicating it to the amazing @samseaa. She's such a gift to the Ninjago community, and I truly do look up to and admire her as a writer, but especially as I've begun writing connection. If you haven't checked out her work already, I would totally recommend it!

» • trigger warning • « 

This book deals with several mature topics including bullying/harassment, teenage pregnancy, death, violence, mild language, difficult family situations, emotional and distressing scenes, characters dealing with both anxiety and depression, a very brief mention of a character having considered s/icide in the past, dislike and (in most cases) hatred toward the main characters, and just a general theme of a long and bumpy recovery after some particularly difficult events in one of the main character's lives.

A lot of it is either more implied, or written about less explicitly, but due to the various mature themes throughout this book I've still decided to give it a mature rating just to be on the safe side. Individual trigger warnings will be given at the beginnings of chapters whenever necessary.

» • notes • «

Hello everyone, and welcome to my first Ninjago x Reader! This is a story that I've had in my drafts for a long time and have only now gotten around to publishing it, but I'm super to have the privilege to share this with all of you!

As you may have noticed, this is a Ninjago AU partly inspired by Love Comes Softly and Sarah, Plain and Tall. It definitely leans more toward movie!verse than show!verse in terms of plot and setting, though a lot of things from the show have been brought over, and the actual events that the movie covers haven't happened.

This all probably sounds rather confusing, but don't worry, it isn't too bad! You'll figure things out as you continue reading, and some things likely won't make complete sense until more toward the end of the book!

» • thank you • «

It honestly means the world to me that you've already gotten this far, and that you've decided to give this book a shot. I'm so excited to be sharing this with you all at last, and I really hope that you enjoy it!

With all that being said, I would appreciate whatever votes or comments that you'd be willing to leave, any support is welcome and I'd love to hear whatever thoughts or questions you may have regarding connection.

Thank you all so much for your time! Keep being awesome, I hope you have a wonderful whenever! <33