two

TW: referenced eating disorder

Izuku wants to sleep forever, he decides. The sun has no where to hide now that his glass doors bear no curtains. The heat shines brightly, painting an orange dew on the back of his eyelids.

He tugs the spare sheet he had found in his closet last night(it's white— no hint of All Might) over his head. Its thin material does little to stop the light from poking through. It's already been an hour since he's woken up, but he's been trying desperately to ignore the world outside.

He doesn't know how he got here, but yesterday he was supposed to be dead. Obviously, something went wrong since he's 99.9% sure he's alive. He still isn't sure if this is his afterlife and you get to play out your dreams here.

(His dream of attending U.A. shouldn't have been like this. He shouldn't have been able to achieve it just because he died. But here he is. Pathetic).

Izuku knows he should get up. He probably has class, given that it's a Wednesday. He thinks it is, at least, considering that when he jumped, it was a Tuesday. He knows that it'll be questionable if he doesn't go, but it's eight o'clock now, so he's definitely missed at least two classes. Maybe he can get away with it if he just says he's sick.

Which, technically isn't a lie. Because there's a throbbing pain against his head and his chest feels constricted, but that could just be his anxiety.

A knock on his door makes him peak his head above his sheets.

"Deku? Mr. Aizawa said to go check on you since you didn't show up to class or call out sick," a female voice said from behind the wood. It sounded like the girl from yesterday.

He hesitates before answering. "I'm fine. I'm just not... feeling too well."

The door handle jiggles, and his hands clutch the sheets. "Is there anything I could do to help? Soup? Medicine?"

Izuku wants to cry. This girl... wants to help him, useless, stupid Deku. She's his friend.

"No, thank you though," he says instead of the why why why that curls on his tongue and cries to be let out.

"Okay, well... if anything, just text me, 'kay?" She tells him softly.

"'Kay," Izuku responds.

He hears footsteps fading. The Izuku here has friends. He knows that much. He figured that out yesterday. But it's all he's ever wanted, to just have one person, that he can't stop the stinging ache in his heart.

He wants to cry. This is a sick dream. Or maybe God just really hates his quirkless guts and decided to stick Izuku some place where he doesn't belong.

Truly, a cruel, sick dream.

One that he has no choice but to go through.

-

Aizawa Shouta isn't a sentimental man. That's just a cold, hard fact. He is, however, an observant one. So when one of his students who is always eager to learn, as well as rant about quirks to him after class, starts curling in on himself and keeps his mouth closed, he has reason to believe something isn't right.

Midoriya Izuku.

God, what a problem child.

From the first day of school, Shouta had known that he would be a trouble magnet. Especially when Bakugou Katsuki, his childhood friend turned rival, is involved. But the thing is, even with Bakugou's explosive personality, Midoriya never outright flinched or... reacted physically to the ash-blond.