꧁Caught on the deed꧂

It was the next day. I said goodbye to my mother, and walked down the sidewalk in front of the house to the waiting bus.
After getting on the bus, I sat in the first one-person seat (like yesterday).
Soon I received a message from Zerah saying, "Hey, girl! When you get to school, don't go to class, come to the bathroom with me, I have something to tell you." to which I replied "Just don't get stuck😂😂".When I got to school, I didn't go to class, I went to the bathroom, where I found Zerah sitting in front of the door.
-Morning Zerah!
-Good morning, Ave!
-Ave?
-Eh, just a nickname. I hope you do not mind !
-Well ... Its  better than "Choked Brunette."
Zerah and I finish the useless conversation this morning and go to the bathroom. But we were very surprised to see: On the floor was a HUGE pool of blood, next to which lay a poor girl split at the jugular vein of her neck and who also had some horrible bites on her arms and legs.
-Good God, Jesus Christ, Mother Precista and all the saints, what in the name of Angelica Robbinson is this !?
-Shh! I hear something.
Frightened, Zerah and I hid under the mirror table on the left side of the bathroom. We don't stay long and at one point we see some legs in black jeans and white blood-stained sneakers. And then it came to me. Those white sneakers were Nathan's, I remembered he wore them yesterday. I was shocked, but also happy in a way, because I suspected he was a vampire. At that moment, so many questions came to my mind that I didn't even know what I was thinking.
-A-Avery ... What are we doing? Zerah whispers in a trembling voice.
-I do not know...
I really didn't know. I was scared to death, but I knew that at some point he would find us (vampires have developed senses, including hearing).
-Do you have anything in your backpack that could help us?
-Not really ... But I have the water bottle, it's made of glass.
-It might work.
Zerah gently opens her black leather backpack and pulls out the water bottle. I take the bottle with both hands, and with my heart in my teeth I come out from under the table and hit Nathan in the legs. It didn't take long and he turned into smoke that disappeared. I knew he wasn't dead, and I'd made him even more nervous now. I look back at the mirror table, but what to see? Zerah was gone.
-Zerah ?! Where the hell did this girl go ?!
And as I return my sight to the toilets, I see Nathan holding Zerah by the neck. His eyes were redder than ever and now his fangs were visible.
-A-Avery, help me ... says Zerah like dead.
-Leave that bottle down and nothing will happen to your dear friend. If you refuse, then she will have the same fate as the girl on the floor.I didn't want anything to happen to Zerah, so I slowly left the bottle I was holding on the mirror table.
-Okay, I put the bottle down. Now give me Zerah.
Nathan let go of Zerah's neck, who ran straight into my arms, and withdrew his fangs and the redness from his eyes. But again, he was staring at me with the same look he had when I fell into his arms yesterday.