Twenty-five

A/N:

i hadn't really planned out the last chapter too well so i accidentally wrote that it's saturday instead of a weekday. so if you read the last chapter before i changed it, it's a weekday now :)

anyways enjoy larry being set on fire !!

I walk in, not hurrying my pace. 

My mind's made up and my steps each have a purpose. In this state of mind, looking back would only be a fault in my plan. 

I push open the doors and they obey me, swinging in the opposite way of the person with all the power here. I stroll through them with my head straight on in the direction I'm headed for.

The entrance is a narrow room that reminds me of a dentist waiting room. It's bleak like that and after working here for so long even the staff have taken on the mood. They laze around in chairs behind their computer screens, taking account of every second that goes by.

"Sir? I don't think you work here?" a  blonde receptionist at the counter calls to me.

She raises her head over the counter, staring at me with a puzzled look on her face. She catches sight of the tub I swing in my hands and her eyes widen with a hazy mix of confusion and fear.

"Hello?"

The fear holds her for a few seconds even though I've given her nothing to be fearful for yet. I even pass her completely before she remembers her role and begins to dial a number on the keypad of the office telephone. She speaks into it softly, careful not to awaken something within the strange boy who just charged into a private building. I think she believes I can't hear her but the panic in her voice could be detected a mile away.

"Sir, a teenage boy who I don't recognise just came through the doors holding a tub of what looks like gasoline and he's dressed in all black. I tried to talk to him but he won't listen to me. I just don't know what to do! Just please come down here!" she wails down the line.

I don't know who she tried to summon because I turn the corner into the long hall and away from the entrance. Her cries are replaced by the ones of the angry businessmen, storming these halls. 

No one looks at me except the very few who haven't got their heads stuck up their asses. They peer at me strangely but all it does is tempt me. 

Tempt me to set the building on fire. 

If I set it alight it would be a definite kill and walking out of here would be much easier than if I just came for one person. If I came for them all, there would be nobody with enough unburnt limbs to catch me. 

Although it's only the stares of others influencing me the idea of it still remains there as I walk down the hall. 

At the far back of the hallway is an office with glass for walls that I recognise from the scarce amount of times I've been here. I can see Larry's head bobbing over his desk, sifting through a mound of paperwork. 

Seeing him there so defenceless and unknowing makes this whole thing play to my advantage. I never thought this would be easy but the way he sits there so unsheltered makes me wonder if this was going to be simpler than I expected.

If so, I can focus more on my anger instead of the plan and enjoy watching what I came here for. 

As I begin to close in on him I pick up my speed and Larry notices the change in the reserved atmosphere of his office. He sees me coming towards him and opens his mouth to say something but my eyes blare threateningly, silently advising him not to speak.