⁰³ a little busy ៹

the air felt chilling on semi's bare skin, cold brushing gently against his arms as he made his way out of the main gym. a bright ball of blinding white hidden between shadowed trees was visible from where he was standing, warm tints of reds and oranges painting the sky with clean strokes.

volleyball practice had finally concluded to a finish; although later than usual. he lifted his head and took a quick glance around the area, in search for a particular female student. but there was no one around, so he gave up with sinking feeling in his stomach.

"semisemi you're in the way! move ya butt!"

the mentioned male quickly snapped back to reality as tendou barged into his back relentlessly, causing semi to topple forwards, almost falling over. the redhead gave him a very self-satisfied grin before running off to the changing rooms.

semi rolled his eyes with a small smile on his face at the childishness and followed straight after him.

he'll make sure to send y/n a quick message later.

༉‧₊˚✧

semi hasn't been able to keep in touch with y/n lately. with an extremely important match coming just round the corner, he had to make sure that all his time was to be spent wisely on volleyball practice.

his breaths escaped in deep, long huffs as he flicked away the sweat beading at his forehead with the back of his hand. the volleyball bounced on, gradually getting further and further away from him. he had served the ball over the net at least fifteen times, however, each and every single one failed to meet his expectations.

he wanted better.

he felt frustrated, the itching thought at the back of his head screaming that he'd never be good enough.

shiratorizawa was a goddamn powerhouse school, and semi only managed to get in because of his volleyball performance during his middle school years. so if he wasn't good at volleyball, then what the hell else would he do with his life?

a single, roughened volleyball rolled towards him and tapped his foot, stopping just right next to him. it managed to steal his attention away as he dropped to pick the ball up, swivelling it around in the palm of his hands.

coffee brown eyes flickered up to meet the other side of the court. he sucked in another deep breath of air in order to control his breathing, took a few single steps back, getting ready to attempt another serve.

he chucked the ball into the air with a controlled spin, his tongue slightly sticking out at the side of his mouth as a force of habit.

that's a good one, he thought, and he ran forwards, and the ball is so damn close to meeting his palm, and he feels so good about this serve, and then—

"semisemi go eat something you delinquent!"

the momentum's cut off instantly, like the snapping of a thin thread. semi faltered in his stance, his whole figure stuttered, and then ball fell lifelessly in front of him. tendou still has that massive smile on his face, but it's quick to droop when he realised how quiet semi was, when he'd usually be shouting profanities at him.