Chapter 1: Meeting the Children

Today, Maria and I were getting ready to meet the Von Trapp Family.

We were walking out the abbey and was on our way out.

TIME SKIP - Von Trapp House

When we got there, Maria rang the doorbell and in an instant the door opened, revealing an old man in a white and black suit, probably the butler.

"Hello. Here we are!" Maria smiles as I just stood behind her with a nervous smile.

The butler looks at us up and down, trying to figure out who we were.

"We're from the convent. She's the new governess," I say sweetly with a smile, peeking my head around Maria's shoulder.

"How do you do?" Maria asks, shaking his hand rapidly.

We then enter the house to see that it's so big with many rooms. 

"You'll-uh-wait here, please." The butler says as he walks down the small steps and enters a small room.

We set our things down and admire the rooms, designs and furniture.

I then see Maria open a door to what seems like a ballroom.

"Maria-" I whisper but she already walked in.

A man in a military suit looks at me and nods before walking past me to the ballroom.

Seconds later, Maria quickly runs out and stands in front of me.

"In the future, you'll kindly remember there are certain rooms in this house which are not to be disturbed," The man says to Maria as he closes the door to the ballroom. 

"Yes, Captain, sir," Maria says as she stares at the man. The Captain gives Maria a look and closes the door to the ballroom.

"And why do you stare at me that way?" he asks Maria.

"Well, you don't look at all like a sea captain, sir," she smiled.

"I'm afraid you don't look very much like a governess. Turn around, please,"

"What?"

"Turn," He said, spinning his finger around as she starts to turn.

"Hat off," He says as she takes it off.

"It's the dress. You'll have to put on another one before you meet the children," He tells Maria as he sighs.

"But I don't have another one,"

"When we enter the abbey, sir, our worldly clothes are given to the poor," I softly explain to the man.

"What about the ones you are wearing?" The man says as he looks at Maria's dress.

"The poor didn't want this one. I would have made our dresses, but there wasn't any time. I can make our clothes," Maria tells the man.

"Well, I'll see that you get some material. Today, if possible. Now, Fraulein, um-"

"Maria. And this is Y/n," Maria says, introducing us.

"Fraulein Maria, I don't know much the mother abbess has told you guys,"

"Not much,"

"You are the 12th in a long line of governesses who have come to look after my children since their mother died. I trust that you will be an improvement on the last one. She stayed only 2 hours," 

'2 hours? What is wrong with the children?'

"What's wrong with the children, sir?" Maria asks.