Chapter 4: Maria's Marriage

THIRD PERSON'S POV

The children noticed that Fraulein Maria and Y/n left them and isn't coming back so the children decided to visit them at the abbey.

"Yes, my children?" A sister nun said to the children who was standing at the gate.

"Uh, my name is Liesl,"

"Yes, Liesl?"

"We--my brothers and sisters-- we want to see Fraulein Maria and Y/n," Liesl softly told the nun.

"Fraulein Maria? Oh, Maria and Y/n!" The nun said as she opened the gate for them. "Come in, please. Wait here," She said as the children walked in. The other nurse walked up to them.

"I'm Sister Margaretta. I understand you've been inquiring about Maria and Y/n," Another nun said as she walked up to them.

"We have to see them. Especially Y/n. Will you tell them we're here, please?" Friedrich asked.

"I'm afraid I can't do that,"

"Oh, but you've got to. We have to see them,"
"She's our governess and Y/n's our friend,"
"We want them back!"
"They didn't even say goodbye,"
"It's very important,"
"All we want to do is talk to them,"

"I'm very sorry, children, but Maria and Y/n is in seclusion. They haven't been seeing anyone. Especially Y/n. Poor girl,"

"They'll see us. I know they will,"
"I want to show her my finger,"

"Oh, some other time, dear. I'll tell them that you were here. It was sweet of you to call," The nun said as she ushered them out the door while the children whined.

Y/N'S POV

That day, Maria and I were going back to the Von Trapp Family and when we got there, we heard the children singing so we decided to join in.

"Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes... Silver white winters..." Maria and I join in as the children turn around to see us.

"Fraulein Maria and Y/n, they're back!" I hear Kurt say as we both run up to the children.

Friedrich was the first one to hug me as the others hugged Maria.

"Oh children, Y/n and I are so glad to see you!"

"We missed you!"

"Oh, we missed you. Kurt, how are you?" Maria asks Kurt.

"Hungry,"

"Gretl, what happened to your finger?" I asked Gretl as she showed it to us.

"It got caught,"

"In what?" Maria asks.

"Friedrich's teeth," She said, making us all laugh.

"Liesl, you all right?" Maria asked.

"Just fair,"

"Any telegrams been delivered here lately?"

"None at all, Fraulein, but I'm learning to accept it. I'll be glad when school begins,"

"Oh, Liesl. You can't use school to escape your problems. You have to face them. Oh, Y/n and I have so much to tell you all,"

"We have things to tell you, too,"

"I'm sure you do,"

"The most important thing is that Father is going to be married,"

"Married?"

"Yes, to Baroness Schraeder," 

I look at Maria to see her look at me with an expression as I pat her back in assurance.