~ Chapter 21 ~

The first task was today.. I felt worried for all the contestants.. I got ready and headed down to The first task was today.. I felt worried for all the contestants.. I got ready and headed down to the crowd. Everyone was on their way to sit and watch the tournament, as i followed them i felt a pair of hands grab my shoulder. "y/n, wanna go with me? I'm gonna visit harry.. Maybe you can see Cedric, ''Hermione finished and I nodded. As we walked the opposite side of the crowd we found a tent. As we peeked in the tent we saw all 6 contestants and entered, as soon as I made eye contact with Cedric I ran to him and hugged him tightly. Hermione did the same to Harry until a bright flash came out of nowhere. As I turned around I saw rita skeeter snickering "Young love! Ohh how.. stirring. If everything goes, unfortunately today for any of you, you might make the front page." as me and hermione looked down i heard Andrei go forward and look up at Rita "you have no business here." Viktor came from behind and continued "this tent is for champions and friends" as they finished Rita left and winked at the two Bulgarians. As i wished all the champions luck i tell hermione its time to go, as we were leaving dumbledore comes in "oh ms granger and snape! Pls be on your way to the stadium, it's not safe here" as me and hermione walked back and found a seat, we waited impatiently until we heard a cannon.

Cedric and Harry ran in and stood in front of the dragon, as Cedric transformed the rocks into dogs and Hermione was screaming at Harry, "YOUR WAND" as he looked at us, he faced his wand to the sky, and so did cedric. As they both stood there for a few minutes, their wands came flying in. Cedric was distracting, while Harry got the egg, after a few minutes they successfully finished their task and everyone cheered them on. As they went back to the tent, i and Hermione ran down to check on them. As we entered we saw both Harry and Cedric laying on the patient beds, Cedric had burned around his arms while Harry had a big cut. Madam Pomfrey kept on running back and forth making sure the two of them were okay. I sat beside Cedric congratulating him and Hermione did the same for Harry, after a few minutes Fleur and Gabrielle came back with almost the same wounds and so did viktor and Andrei. As they were all being treated, me and hermione were congratulating them. When all the headmasters arrived me and Hermione left.

It was almost a few weeks after the first task was completed by all the contestants. Harry and Cedric haven't figured out the second task riddle, while Andrei told me how they have a clue.. You supposedly can unlock the riddle if you put it underwater. After he told me I told Cedric and harry. As I was walking back to the common room, I noticed all the gryffindors on their way to the assembly room. I ran to catch up with the twins and asked them what's happening, it seems like they didn't know either. As we were all walking up the steps i saw Hermione, Ron, and harry run towards me and the group with confused faces "professor told us to meet with her? But no one knows why ''I explained to them. before entering the room i noticed how the slytherins were going to the slytherin assembly room.. I guess all the heads told all the students to go to the assembly rooms of their houses.

When we all settled in the assembly room professor Mcgonagall cleared her throat then began her speech, "The yule ball has been a tradition of the triwizard tournament since its inception. On Christmas eve night we and our guests gather in the great hall for well-mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school, I expect one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the yule ball is first and foremost... a dance." as all the girls started to talk to one another with excitement for this dance i noticed most of the boys complaining. After a few minutes of discussing who we want to be asked by the professor, Mcgoagall walked in the middle of the room "Silence. The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons." as i looked up at the twins i noticed them trying to repeat what mcgonagall said which made me giggle. She then continued her speech "Now to dance is to let the body breathe, inside every girl a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight.. Inside every boy a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr Weasly, will you join me." as she grabbed ron me and hermione tried to hold in our laughter until Professor Mcgoagall said "now, place your hand on my waist..." "Where?" ron said in an uncomfortable ton "my waist" all the boys started snickering and making noises. Once the music started me and hermione started laughing "one two three, one to three, one to three. No! Everybody come together and find a partner."

I noticed George staring at me which made me turn red, as I noticed him slowly walking towards me Neville cuts in, in front of him and looks down at me "y/n.. would you like to dance with me?" I winked at George and nodded. As Neville help my waist and we started to practice dancing, Once we started to practice I noticed he would make small mistakes and step on me, but I still appreciated how he still tried to dance. I looked behind Neville and noticed George and Fred dancing with one another and I started to giggle, Hermione looked at me and as everyone started finishing up she ran towards me and started to tease me about how jealous and impressed looked when he saw me dance with neville.