Chapter 5

Stiles sets rules to a young Derek as they walk into the McCall house with Zoey following behind them.

"We're just gonna wait here for Scott. We're going to sit quietly. And we're not going to call or talk to anyone."

"Do I talk to you?"

"No."

"Fine."

"Good. Do I talk to her?"

"You can talk to me all you want sweetheart." Zoey answers Derek before Stiles can. A small pink tint rises on his cheeks, before he can embarrass himself he addresses his words to the other person in the room. "Who's gonna talk to him?"

"Ah! Hm, are you getting taller?"

"What are you guys doing here?" Rafael askes the spastic teen. He then looks to his daughter. "Glad to see you're back in town from your trip."

Zoey just gives him a blank look as Derek speaks to him when he was told not to talk to anyone.

"We're waiting for Scott."

"Yeah, so am I. We're supposed to have dinner. Zoey too, now that she's back." She huffed as her dad continues to speak. "I brought extra. You guys hungry?"

"Yeah." Young Derek and Zoey answer at the same time as Stiles says, "No. We're not hungry."

"No I'm starving." Derek persists.

"Same here." She isn't really, but can see the frustration on Stiles' face, which brings amusement to her.

"Neither of us are hungry. Thanks, though."

"Okay, well if you're not hungry, Stiles, your friend can still eat with us." Rafael looks over to Derek. "What's your name?"

Derek starts to answer, but Stiles says, "Miguel.."

"..My boyfriend."

Zoey interrupts before he says something stupid but he continues anyways as he stumbles over his next words.

"From - from Mexico. So.."

Rafael can feel the tension between the two and realized that something happened with their relationship but doesn't question it as he turns to Derek.

"Es usted un natural de México, Miguel?"

"Oh my god." Stiles freaks out but Derek then answers back in Spanish.

"No soy nativo, si no que pasé montón de tiempo allí."

Agent McCall seems happy with his response. "Fantastic. Egg roll?"

Derek gives Stiles a blank smug look.

"Hell yeah."

Stiles is thrown from Derek's response but seems thrilled that he wasn't caught in his lie.

Minutes pass by and they're all sitting around the table, eating. Stiles at the head of it, with Zoey on one side next to Derek and her dad sits across from them.

"So, uh, Miguel." Rafael tries to strike up a conversation. "What'd you say your last name was again?"

Stiles doesn't hesitate to answer. "Oh, it's Juarez. Cinqua.. Tiago."

Derek looks at him like he's an idiot.

"That's a mouthful. How do you spell that?"

Derek then gives Stiles an amused and expectant look as he waits for him to answer the agents question.

Zoey just wants this dragging embarrassing conversation to end as she rolls her eyes and answers. "Phonetically."

The conversation ends as they continue to eat and Derek then sees Rafael's badge laying on the table.